Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Early NFL surprises? And some iconic teams at 0-3...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Redskins, Giants, Steelers and Vikings all 0-3.

It's the first time the 'Skins, who had NEVER lost to Detroit at home EVER, and Giants are both winless through 3 games.

The Steelers have less rushing yards than 20 different runners, including two QBs. kAnd the exact same amount as Rashard Mendenhall.

A couple of other iconic teams, the Niners and Packers, are both 1-2.

The NFC East, with three of the worse 6 defenses in the League, might have a 9-7 winner.

And the Jets are 2-1.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Double post

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Yep fun mix of harder schedules for better teams, injuries in key spots, suspensions, and bad personnel moves.

Edit: don't forget the 1-2 falcons who let Michael Egnew get his first career catch and later Dion Sims to have his first career touchdown on a 1 yard route.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
It's been a fun start to the season in a general sense. I figured my favorite Green Bay Packers were in for a tough season but they're putting points up so will remain competitive. I thought the Vikings were gonna have some regression but not like this. Fans are begging for Ponder's head. I fully expect his replacement via draft (Bridgewater?) or FA (Freeman?) next season. Most folks seemed to suggest Pittsburgh would take a step back this season but it is strange seeing that former powerhouse sitting at 0-3. A lot of people were poo-pooing the Redskins as well and an 0-3 start is less shocking with them. I expected San Francisco to take a step back given the film was now out on Kaepernick (see Cam Newton 2012 or Vick 2011) but they really took a step back if the last two weeks is any indication. The Giants have always been a helter-skelter team the past five or six seasons but this is awful considering the talent on that team. The Jets D is complimenting Geno Smith nicely by giving the rookie some confidence the team can overcome a couple mistakes. That was one of the biggest concerns sticking the young man in right away. The Jets have a lot of haters but they're interesting to watch this year. Smith is still quite raw but perhaps he'll grow like Russell Wilson did through last season. I'm not saying he's gonna be as lethal as Wilson was late last season but some growth would make the Jets an even more difficult date on the schedule and the talk of Rex Ryan getting the boot has abated. Here's an interesting stat: Indy is averaging 16 points against through the first three games. While the offense has not been bad I expected a little more from it and less from the D.

Members online

Latest posts