Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

long island hofstra show day #2 SCANS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
soooooo, i completely forgot that it was daylight savings time. got up early to get there at 10am and ended up at 11am. lol!!

hung out with joe (jcmint) a bit. man, i did not realize how sick some of his cards were.....gold's everywhere! and he has a certain red refractor auto #1/1 from 2008 bowman sterling....wow!

i also dropped off some cards for beckett's raw card review but mostly, the main reason why i went back today was because i had found out that one of my favorite football player, marques colston (hofstra product!) was a late addition to the autograph signings!

got to meet him and got this below autographed with jsa authentication

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

i asked marques politely to inscribe his 1st year 2006 rookie year stats! 70 rec, 1038 yards, 8 td's (i think i'm right on this! lol!! he was like, "damn, i didn't even know that!")

after that, picked up the rcr's from beckett. very VERY happy with the results

IMG_0001-2.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_0002-4.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG-1.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :eek: :eek: :eek:

before leaving, picked up 2 more boxes of 08 bcdp and pulled a nice reddick ref auto #/500 and buster ref auto #/500 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

overall, a nice sunday afternoon

thanks for the looks!

dave

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
INredible stuff Dave! :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh and Marques Colston is a local boy here in Central PA... so NICE!!!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ostrander111 said:
INredible stuff Dave! :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh and Marques Colston is a local boy here in Central PA... so NICE!!!

he's a pa boy? nice! he's put up some sick sick numbers since 06. hope he keeps it up!!

he got me a fantasy football championship in 2006 season when he was my sleeper pick!

dave

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ThoseBackPages said:
No Sterling Boxes? weak!

j/k brother! glad to hear that you went and had a good time. :)

i am done with sterling, eric! too much $$. lol!!

bcdp boxes were only $55 so 2 was enough for me

think i spent enough this weekend :cry: :cry: but fun nonetheless!

dave

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
daveyou said:
ostrander111 said:

he's a pa boy? nice! he's put up some sick sick numbers since 06. hope he keeps it up!!

he got me a fantasy football championship in 2006 season when he was my sleeper pick!

dave

Yes sir.... and also do you know Lesean Mccoy the RB for pitt? Same high school

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ostrander111 said:
daveyou said:
ostrander111 said:

dave

name sounds familiar....

gotta say, he's a very friendly fella, that marques

dave

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
daveyou said:
ostrander111 said:
daveyou said:
ostrander111 said:

dave

name sounds familiar....

gotta say, he's a very friendly fella, that marques

dave

Thats awesome Dave! And again... congrats on the pickups! :p

redsoxfan2510

Aug 9, 2008
Boston
sick lars! i was thinking about applying to the hofstra medical program ( i'm a junior in high school ) and now knowing that they have card shows has helped my decision out a lot :lol:

anyone here attend hofstra? (for academics, not the card show) if so how is it?

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Sweet stuff! My friend's traveling baseball team is sponsored by him :) So he is going to hook me up with an auto when he next sees him :D

Again, GREAT stuff (As Always)

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Nikobaseball - yeah, i could not believe some of those cards...it was drooworthy and he had boxes and boxes behind him that didn't even make it to the table. lol!

redsoxfan2510 - whether for cards or academics, can't go wrong with hofstra!!!!

OhioBobcat3 - thanks man! love the lars. as soon as i saw it, i knew it had a shot. sorry about a certain indian player....did not see any. none. 0.

metallicalex777 - thanks alex. came out better than expected. i didn't want just the auto since i want to frame it nicely for my house. and the gold's are beauties!!

imac220 - nice! marques seems down to earth although he had a friend or body guard next to him. pretty big guy too. :shock: with all the confusion in the morning, i completely forgot to bring my camera and my phone cam doesn't work....

dave

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Haha. I am sure Marques is a big boy, he is in the NFL! lol. It is sweet that I have acquaintances by friens with athletes :D another friend of mine is on a cruise ship with over a dozen N.Y. Giants football players. :)

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
could you scan the backs of the sterling? those contenders are tough esp. back corners. what did you use magnification wise?

Members online