Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any card in your PC that does NOT have a price tag?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pretty simple... are there any cards in your PC that you'll never let go of for any price. Clearly I'm not talking about $1,000,000,000 or something unreasonable but if it were a crazy realistic offer, are there any cards there just isn't a price on?

Personally, I would sell my entire PC for the right price, so every card in my PC has a price I guess.

If you are someone who has a card or cards which you'd never let go of, let's see a pic of the card!

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There isn't a single card in my collection that couldn't be had if you made me an offer I absolutely would be stupid to refuse
I agree with this as well.

I've already let go of one of my really rare '90s inserts to a set collector but instead of cash, he traded me a true 1/1 Belle card from the '90s, so it was well worth it in my favor.

I also ask this because I think I'm going to be facing a dollar offer from a set collector one of my rarest '90s inserts outside of any 1/1s.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I would make an agreement that if he were to ever get rid of the card, it would be back to you. And at least keep pictures of front and back of it. Could even print out and make card size as a reminder.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The one item I'd try hold into as long as I could regardless of offer would be the Clark 89' Game Used Home World Series jersey , but even that could be had I guess. I've sold about 30 or so PC Cards this year with the intent to replace all but 2. Those 2 I am sure I won't see again but $ talks.

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
As much as i love my collection, i could sell it all, but it would have to be an incredible offer. Its been a part of my world for almost twenty years. Hard to let it go.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As much as i love my collection, i could sell it all, but it would have to be an incredible offer. Its been a part of my world for almost twenty years. Hard to let it go.
I agree with this above BUT for the right money, I would totally walk away. Sh!t, for the right money, I'd package up every Belle card I have and send to someone else. Not sure if I'd exit the hobby all together but might just pick up a card or two from time to time for the hell of it... or find a new hobby lol

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I would have to find something new to do. I have sold part of my collection once, many years ago when the cards actually still held decent value. I still regret doing so. Im still replacing some of the cards i sold.

i would have to sell it all, quit collecting him altogether. Wouldnt keep any. Cuz if i keep one, i would have to get another, then another... And it would steamroll back into the collection i have now. Except i wouldnt be able to replace the 1/1 i have.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Lol magic

The only two cards I could refuse large amounts of money on (talking, 3-4 times book/sale value) are:
My favorite card
2211E17C-FF2E-4524-8812-89A85AE7983E-1505-000002AA21620698_zpsaa4e0b9e.jpg

My grandpas favorite player and my favorite old time player
gehrigdual.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I second what Magic said. Granted I hope I'm never in a position where I need to unload any of my PC cards because of financial hardship or other emergencies. And of course, I can't say what I might do in reality should someone offer me an obscene amount of money for one of my favorite cards.

Basically I collect because I love baseball, and the artwork and history and sport associated with cardboard. I grew up collecting cheap 80's cards with my brother and still remember saving up to buy boxes of Topps at Price Club (pre-Costco days) and 1992 Fleer Jumbo packs at Jons supermarket. When I got back in, I made a conscious decision to only collect what I really really really liked and only spend what I was okay with if I never recouped.

I've managed to pick up some nice cards courtesy of many board members here and I'd like to think many of them sold me those cards for my collection and therefore cut me good deals--so for the time being, that's where many of them intend to stay :)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I would sell 95% of the cards in my collection for the right price.
I thought I'd never sell my 2005 Topps Chrome Andre Ethier autographed Red X-Fractor # /25.
But I needed some cash last summer and I sold it for $250 during his first half hot streak, ten times what I paid for it in 2005.
Surprisingly to me, I had no problem letting it go, even though it was the most valuable card in my player collection.

However, it was far from the most meaningful to me, since it had no personal value to me.
The many Ethier cards and memorabilia that I got autographed in person are the cards that have value to me, and I would ever sell them.
Same with the cards I own from when I first started collecting in the early '80s as a child.

Cards from card shows or eBay or other forgettable ways may be cool to own, but they really don't mean anything to me.
But cards I got when I was young, or from a family member or ones I got autographed in person or through the mail, especially as a child, are the only cards I'd never sell.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If my family isn't an issue, I don't see me ever selling my Yount collection. The thing about collecting a retired player is never having to watch the market explode and tempt you.

I used to PC Jonathan Lucroy as well; but last year, when he was hotter than hot, I saw the opportunity to make 3-10 times my money on some really rare stuff, so I look it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I've turned down $7k and another $2k in cards for a card I paid less than $1000 for. I've turned down $1200+ for my 1992 Donruss Elite serial numbered 00035/10000...paid $40.

So yeah...my prized cards are pretty untouchable.

Members online

Latest posts