Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rays at Rangers Game 163!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Pretty excited to see the Rangers win their last 7 games to get a chance to make the playoffs. Granted they where in 1st place most of the year, I think they needed a kick in the nutz to get it in gear.

Should be a very good game can't wait to watch it.

Also it's crazy the Rays and Rangers have meet in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. Both only teams with 90+ wins over the last 4 years.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What a great end to the season!
It looked like a second straight September collapse for awhile.
I can't wait until tomorrow's game.
The Rangera are hot and the Rays are faltering, so I hope the Rangers' hot streak continues.
The playoffs are all about which teams are hot, not what happened during the season.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
C'mon Texas! I fear the Rays pitching staff, the Rangers I think we can handle....[assuming they beat Cleveland]

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The Indians and Rangers are both due for a loss big time. The Rangers need to win their 9th in a row. I do not see that happing, so the Indians would have to win their 11th in a row. The odds say NO. I look for the Red Sox and Rays to play. Go Rays.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I am pumped, can't believe that there will be (2) 1 game playoffs! #PUMPED !

??? This is the second year of the Wild Card play-in loser-goes-home one game format.

I am not getting too excited about the Rangers or Rays - no strong rooting ties to either club plus they waste their good pitcher in game 163, waste another good pitcher in the Wild-card loser-goes-home game vs CLE, then are big-time up against the wall in the DS if they make it past CLE since they've had to use at least 2 of their best pitchers just to make the DS.

Obviously it would have been better to win the division than be a wild card club. ;)

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
??? This is the second year of the Wild Card play-in loser-goes-home one game format.

I am not getting too excited about the Rangers or Rays - no strong rooting ties to either club plus they waste their good pitcher in game 163, waste another good pitcher in the Wild-card loser-goes-home game vs CLE, then are big-time up against the wall in the DS if they make it past CLE since they've had to use at least 2 of their best pitchers just to make the DS.

Obviously it would have been better to win the division than be a wild card club. ;)

I don't think the starting pitchers are as big a deal as most might think. Perez is basically a 5th starter who has had some great starts so that leaves Holland, Garza, Darvish or Ogando to pitch the WC and in the ALDS. Price is considered Tampa's ace but Moore and Cobb have really nice numbers this year to. Both teams have great rotations.

Plus most teams go to 3 or 4 man rotation so it makes your #1 face the others 3 or 4 and vice versa.

Rangers have a good bullpen as well.

I'm just concerned with their ability to get timely hits, go cold after winning so many in a row or make mental errors in the field/bases.

And Cleveland has played better than any team lately and Francona going back to Fenway seems like a media field day waiting to happen.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Maybe it's just me, but I hate this format with the added wild card and one game elimination. I just think that teams work through 162 games to earn a spot in the playoffs and MLB allows the wildcard team to be determined by a one game playoff. It's really not fair in my opinion.

I really wish they would just go back to 3 divisional champs and next best record across the three divisions is the wild card for both AL and NL. Even better - just allow the top 4 team records to determine the teams that make the playoffs, forget about one from each division and a wildcard.

Actually, I wish they had one league with 30 teams and the top 8 make the playoffs. With all the interleague play they have incorporated, a very long 162 game season, etc., I just think it would be more fun to watch each team play an equal # of games (roughly) against the other 29 and let the top 8 emerge into the players with 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed. I like the additional team but ONE game? The Astros could beat the Cardinals on any given day. Baseball is built around the long season bringing the best teams to the top. One game can not determine the "better" team. One game is for football

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Well 1st inning down Rays up 1.
Gotta say I'm more nervous about this game than I was during Game 7 of the 2011 World Series.

Members online

Latest posts