Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can Playoff Games Be Viewed On MLB At Bat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I've had to move, and I'm ditching cable because of increasing cost, so was hoping by some miracle I could watch on MLB At Bat.I'm guessing no, but had to ask anyway.What about radio broadcasts?Also sucks FOX only has rights to the ALCS this year.How long does TBS have rights to playoff games?Would ESPN ever get back in the picture?Are we stuck with boring Ernie Johnson calling games again for TBS?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Don't worry, we also get Don "Mr. Redundant" Orsillo and Dennis "Worse than Tim McCarver" Eckersley to work the booth for TBS.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Live TBS games are blacked out in the United States. You should be able to watch the game in the archives if you are a subscriber. I think the only thing you may see in At Bat (or have to obtain a different app) is the TBS additional camera view service.

Local radio feeds for the teams should be available without blackout if you are a subscriber. ESPN Radio probably won't be available in the MLB.TV package but likely is available on your AM or FM radio dial.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Also sucks FOX only has rights to the ALCS this year.How long does TBS have rights to playoff games?Would ESPN ever get back in the picture?

ESPN - not likely for a very long time as TBS and FOX has a deal with MLB through 2021. TBS and FOX will each carry 2 LDS series starting in 2014 (so this is the last year of TBS broadcasting all 4 LDS') and TBS and FOX will continue alternating the LCS through at least 2021. FOX retains the World Series each year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Don't worry, we also get Don "Mr. Redundant" Orsillo and Dennis "Worse than Tim McCarver" Eckersley to work the booth for TBS.

I'd listen to Orsillo and McCarver anyday over Johnson's "lulls you to sleep" voice.He's just not that good on play by play.I don't like his voice.Unlike some bland analysts, McCarver and Eckersly aren't afraid to have opinions, so they're interesting to listen to.I wish TBS would put Johnson back in the studio, but I doubt it happens.Any idea where Jaime Maggio is reporting from this year?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Live TBS games are blacked out in the United States. You should be able to watch the game in the archives if you are a subscriber. I think the only thing you may see in At Bat (or have to obtain a different app) is the TBS additional camera view service.

Local radio feeds for the teams should be available without blackout if you are a subscriber. ESPN Radio probably won't be available in the MLB.TV package but likely is available on your AM or FM radio dial.

Thanks.I just logged onto MLB At Bat this afternoon, saw that international subscribers get the TBS games.Did see that I can watch from some alternate camera angle though at least.Oddly enough, I don't get ESPN radio here, so local radio broadcasts I might have to tune in.Wish FOX would go back to televising both LCS's like they used to years ago.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
You can always check cricfree.tv. Most, if not all, games free...if they ask for payment...ignore...it's a free site.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
ESPN - not likely for a very long time as TBS and FOX has a deal with MLB through 2021. TBS and FOX will each carry 2 LDS series starting in 2014 (so this is the last year of TBS broadcasting all 4 LDS') and TBS and FOX will continue alternating the LCS through at least 2021. FOX retains the World Series each year.

That is good to know then.I thought I saw on Fox Sports 1 or somewhere they will be picking up playoff games next year, but I could be wrong on that.Quite some time ago FOX and their family of networks televised all the playoff games, then only the LCS and some LDS games, and now only one LCS and World Series.Glad to see more games back on FOX next year though.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
That is good to know then.I thought I saw on Fox Sports 1 or somewhere they will be picking up playoff games next year, but I could be wrong on that.

Probably not wrong. FOX Sports 1 may be the place where FOX games start when the game on FOX runs over -- or FOX may place some of their games on FOX Sports 1 because they are a "sister" channel.

If you have MLB.TV, all the games should be available in the archives so there should be no worries if the game airs on cable or not.

didn't see TBS promote the alternate camera thing, so that may start during the LDS or they may not be doing that this season. stay tuned on that....

and for the posts about the annoucers, I like Gary Thorne and Rick Sutcliffe on MLB International. I think Gary Thorne has the best-sounding pxp voice in baseball and they both make the best pxp/analyst combo in postseason tv baseball, IMHO, so I go out of my way to watch their telecasts.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ok, found out there is a TBS multiple camera view service this postseason - part of MLB.TV Postseason. You need to be a MLB.TV Postseason subscriber or MLB.TV Premium sub (like me) to access it.

you won't be able to get the TBS telecast live (just archived) if you live in the U.S. or Canada, but you will have access to multiple camera views. I found the camera links in my iOS MLB At Bat 13 app (and I'm sure if I went to the website, they'd be there too).

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Probably not wrong. FOX Sports 1 may be the place where FOX games start when the game on FOX runs over -- or FOX may place some of their games on FOX Sports 1 because they are a "sister" channel.

If you have MLB.TV, all the games should be available in the archives so there should be no worries if the game airs on cable or not.

didn't see TBS promote the alternate camera thing, so that may start during the LDS or they may not be doing that this season. stay tuned on that....

and for the posts about the annoucers, I like Gary Thorne and Rick Sutcliffe on MLB International. I think Gary Thorne has the best-sounding pxp voice in baseball and they both make the best pxp/analyst combo in postseason tv baseball, IMHO, so I go out of my way to watch their telecasts.

Thorne is one of my favorite commentators.Unfortunately, he isn't on anymore ESPN telecasts.Orioles fans can only listen to him now.I first admired Thorne when he was calling NHL games.He was simply the best.Agree on Sutcliffe too, his analysis is always spot on.I'm glad Francona took the Indians job, he was horrible in the booth.That MLB International is near impossible to get in the US unless you have some rare sattelite.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
ok, found out there is a TBS multiple camera view service this postseason - part of MLB.TV Postseason. You need to be a MLB.TV Postseason subscriber or MLB.TV Premium sub (like me) to access it.

you won't be able to get the TBS telecast live (just archived) if you live in the U.S. or Canada, but you will have access to multiple camera views. I found the camera links in my iOS MLB At Bat 13 app (and I'm sure if I went to the website, they'd be there too).

Yeah, I found the TBS alternate camera angle play by play.Lame Ernie Johnson was on play by play, I got tired of the same angle over and over, so I just tuned to the Reds radio broadcast.I tried cricfree.tv but it didn't work for me.All I could do was register for some movie site.

Latest posts