Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I the only one???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Am I the only Reds fan sick to their stomach right now??? This last week they have played extremely poorly...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Probably not

Still time for the wheels to fall off on Liriano though. Sadly, 85% of the country is rooting against you

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Soooo close that inning... I hope the wheels do fall off but the Reds play with no urgency. It's like they keep hitting the snooze button. As a baseball fan I'm happy to see the buckos in the playoffs. They deserve it played well an first time in 20 years.

Sep 25, 2013
Midwest US
As a die-hard Reds fan for over 35 + years, I have to say.....This playoff game is over. With the injury to Latos, and Bailey pitching on Saturday, the Reds really had no choice but to start Cueto. The guy only started 2 games since June, but Reds were in a box. They played with no urgency when they had chance to host this game, but fell flat on their faces. I don't want to see Dusty get fired, but I feel sadly.......it's coming.

Reds got nobody to blame but themselves, The truth hurts sometimes, and even though I hate Pittsburgh, they are CLEARLY the better team tonight, hands down

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Yes it's like the took the field ok with losing. I don't understand why they made a big deal about making the playoffs if they were going to play like this. They look like a deed in the headlights.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
With Marshal pitching there was a shot of Cueto laughing and smiling in the dugout. Not what I'd want to see if I was a Reds fan. Beyond that no one has made Liriano work

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2013
Midwest US
Well Frazier has made Liriano work a little bit, but Cueto laughing is ridiculous, you just get your a$$ handed to you, and all you can do is laugh?, What a dispicable act, and Dusty Baker is signed through next year, so he will be back, and Jim Bowden said on ESPN he was told Dusty is back next year, no matter whether they win, or lose.

But still no reason to play "gutless" baseball tonight, Liriano was 0-3 vs the Reds this year, and tonight he looked like "God". Pathetic isnt the right word for tonight's performance, utterly dissapointing though...

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
@DallasLatos: “@DallasLatos not intentionally, right? (via @zlovas90)” I was grabbed by my hair and beat in the head. Pretty sure it was intentional.

Classy Pittsburgh fans

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
I don't know what's a bigger joke this game or Dusty Baker arguing that "his" team was mentally prepaid for tonight's game... Are you kidding me

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I hate the new playoff format. Ridiculous that a season comes down to a one game playoff. Wish it was a best of 3...

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I hate the new playoff format. Ridiculous that a season comes down to a one game playoff. Wish it was a best of 3...

Win your division & you don't have to worry about a 1 game playoff. I do agree that they should just go back to the old format. Just wait until the 2nd wild card team is 10+ back of the 1st wild card & the 2nd wild card team wins the 1 game playoff.

Sep 25, 2013
Midwest US
There is NOOOOOOOOOOOO way the Reds were "mentally" prepared for this game. The Pirate fans were in Cueto's head, and once he gave up the long ball in the 2nd inning, it was pretty much over. As a Reds fan though, we do have to look to next year, and it's promising with Billy Hamilton taking Choo's spot in CF (Choo will walk, wants too much money), plus Arroyo will most likely leave (free agent), BUT......with a starting rotation of:

Cueto (Hopefully healthy)
Latos
Leake
Bailey
Cingrani (Full season under his belt, replacing Arroyo, IF he leaves)

It wont be all bad, but Dusty needs to light a fire under these guys, they should not have been in this position, too much talent. I think we will need a right handed bat in lineup too, but kudos to Pittsbugh, I dont like them, but they kicked our a$$, and I think St. Louis is in for a ruuuuuuuude awakening, Pirates are better than people think, IF you weren't a believer now, you BETTER be.

Still have Lambo, Taillon, Cole, Look out

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I like the new playoff format because it makes a division title meaningful again.

As for the Reds, their ace pitchers got dinged up towards the end of the year. Tough to overcome that.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts