Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper....buy or sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stricklcp

Jun 15, 2013
ATL
Folks,
What are your thoughts on Harper? Too early to tell? Looks like potential is there.....kind of on the fence about parting with my high end graded cards. Feedback/opinions welcome...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Why would anyone sell Harper cards now, unless they're desperate for cash?
Now is the absolute worse time.
His team's not in the playoffs and he just finished an injury-riddled season.
If you want to sell, wait for the season to begin when he's healthy and killing the ball like he did in April of this season.

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
I say hold because if you buy he could become a failure and if you sell and he becomes hot again you lost out.

stricklcp

Jun 15, 2013
ATL
I was planning on holding.....lots of up side from him. Young and hungry.......just needs to get that knee taken care of.....plenty of time now to do that. Thx for the input!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am also saying hold. They have slipped enough that if he has a big season next year you will had wished you waited to sell, but still pricey enough that if he has another ho-hum year next year you will not want to be buying in right now. To me the only safe bet (as if there is one...) is to hold. However, I would be more inclined to buy then to sell if they were my only 2 options.

Last edited:

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
At least a hold, with a lean towards buy for me. I can't stand the guy but I will be looking to pick up stuff as I expect prices to drop some. Grabbed a chrome auto last winter for $190 and keeping my eyes open if prices get close to that again. The numbers he has put up relative to his age are almost unprecedented and that is with the injuries he's dealt with.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I just want Topps to send me the unfilled redemptions of his that they have been sitting on for months and months...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts