Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which player collectors collect more than just cards of your player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I collect almost everything that pictures or mentions Rickey Henderson and was wondering if any other player collectors did the same. It seems most guys here just do cards. I always come across oddball stuff that pictures other players and have some stuff that others might like in their collections.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I don't do everything but I have expanded my collection quite a bit. I just picked up a Mcdonalds drive through decal for a Puckett extra value meal.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Daniel Descalso- Ticket Stubs from important games;Homeruns, debut, first start etc. I have 2 game used bats, 2 game used jerseys, game used cleats, game used batting gloves, 3 game used locker nameplates, 3 autographed 16x20s, 4 signed 8x10s, 1 signed 11x14, 2 signed baseballs, signed hat, and a stadium giveaway that has a picture of him on it

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I collect anything licensed with Bonds on it. I have over 100 magazines, cups, hats, etc. We need to start a player collector non-card thread to share pics!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I do, but outside of an SGA fishing lure, Perk doesn't have much.

For Kingery and Kiecker, I buy wire photos and things when the money is available.

ALTHOUGH, someone put up 5-10 wire photos of Kingery sitting outside of his house, and with his dog, etc. I decided to pass on those.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I'll collect just about anything. I've got a Cal Ripken Yo-Yo, pencil, pins, advertisements, cereal boxes, even empty bags of lays potato chips. The only odd non card item I have of Brady is a Topps Proshooter Marble.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
I do anything and everything as well for Willie Mcgee. Posters, McDonalds cups, Magazines, Team photos(if he is in it), Cookie boxes, Ice Cream wrappers, Cardinals recipe book (with his recipe in it),Season Ticket brochures. If he is on it or mentioned I want it. Unfortunately I started collecting him after retirement so It's getting harder and harder to find oddball stuff like that from his playing days especially since is not a superstar but a fan favorite.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If the price is right, I usually pick up Albert Belle stuff but cards are a far #1 when it comes to the collection.

Couple highlights are I own 3 game used bats, have one signed home jersey, couple signed baseballs, etc.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I have a bunch of unused flat RC Cola boxes that have the 1990 All-American Soda card still attached inside the box. Box also has a checklist of players from the set. There are no pics of players on the box. They are mint condition. Some players I know I have are Ozzie Smith, Will Clark, Kent Hrbek, Mark Mcgwire, Jose Canseco, Dave Winfield, Paul Molitor, ect. I don't have all of the players, and have only 1 or 2 of each guy. I also have 5 1992 Fleer/Citgo "The Performer" advertising signs. They are plastic and show use, but are from a regional issue and are not easy to find. The signs are approx. 1ft high by 2ft long and picture Henderson, Nolan Ryan, Strawberry, Griffey Jr, Ripken, Thomas, Clemens, and Fielder. I also have a bunch of old Kit Young catalogs that picture players on the covers.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ive got signed bats, balls, 8x10s, starting lineups, and mcfarlanes. I tend to stick to cards now, unless it can fit in a binder like a book cover and such. For example, i have donruss pack wrappers, but they fit in an ultra pro and in my binder. I used to collect anything, but i dont have the room for it now. I keep my oddball stuff like triple headers and coins and donruss tins in my jumbo tins, which is about all i have room to display.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I've got cups, highland mint stuff, ornaments and statues etc.. in a box in my closet. bought a deal from a guy for a bunch of oddball stuff a while back and he threw in extras I didn't have as well. I keep these with the starting lineups because its too much odd shaped/sized stuff to ever display. I don't go crazy for magazines but if I got a deal on a big lot of them I would probably just add it to the pile. Honestly this stuff I won't put alot of time/money into anymore because there is just too much out there.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have lots of game-used things from when Andre Ethier was a minor leaguer.
I have three signed bats he gave me and my wife when we went to most of the AA Midland games during the 2005 season.
We have a signed game used Texas League ball from him, and an entire 2005 Midland team signed ball.
We have signed programs, ticket stubs, pictures, a lineup card and of course his minor league cards are all signed, even his rare Arizona State University card is autographed.
I have a signed Dodgers cap as well.
But most of my memorabilia is his minor league stuff from when I watched him play and talked to him before the games.
My wife sat next to Andre's mom several times when she visited from Arizona.

Members online