Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are people really this dumb???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah I never really understand this. Sometimes for singles, it might be because the centering is better on one than the other or something like that, but when you're buying an unopened box...I don't get it.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Maybe a known case searcher or something of that nature? Though that doesn't really work here because I don't think there was a case hit.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Same here, I used BIN for a Matt cain Stroke of Genius Masterpieces auto that had been listed for 28 days for $5 w/ free ship...

in the same week after that two of them sold for $9 and $11 respectively + ship :shock:

I got the matt cain jersey auto from masterpieces for less than they paid for just the auto =/

If Razor Boxes are becoming so scarce would it be a good thing to invest i na case now and tuck away for 3-4 years????

Look at 2003-2004 Bowman's Best, impossible to find and when you do, $300-$500 a box price tag, is Razor sig going this way?

I just bought a case for $675....if I can sell the boxes for $90 each, i might just take my $225 profit and not bust the case.......

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Therion said:
Maybe a known case searcher or something of that nature? Though that doesn't really work here because I don't think there was a case hit.

My best two boxes have been from that $80 BIN seller, got a tim beckham black /199 in one box w/ a tim beckham exclusive and matt wieters exclusive. The second box had a brett wallace blue /25 auto and a tim beckham exclusive auto

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
hofautos said:
auctions will typically go higher than fixed pricing....

But why? I mean, you see that you can BIN for $80, and you are no matter what going to get a box...

Why not bid $79.50 on the auction one....once you get outbid, just BIN the other one?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
jdfoxtrot79 said:
hofautos said:
auctions will typically go higher than fixed pricing....

But why? I mean, you see that you can BIN for $80, and you are no matter what going to get a box...

Why not bid $79.50 on the auction one....once you get outbid, just BIN the other one?
Some people get wrapped up in a bid war. They want to win, and do it without thinking of the few extra bucks.

Plus there's the impulse bidder who only sees the item right there without searching through everything.

Or even a loyal shopper.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

When the question is "Are people really this dumb?"...

...the answer is ALWAYS "Yes." Always. In fact, they're dumber than that, you just don't have an example handy.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
bungle77 said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

When the question is "Are people really this dumb?"...

...the answer is ALWAYS "Yes." Always. In fact, they're dumber than that, you just don't have an example handy.

+1 - And here's another example

[ebay:f3khyqxp]250369224329[/ebay:f3khyqxp]

Available BIN's

Over 11 times the lowest available price, and the Member's Only parallel is only $.50 more. :lol:
I think there are a lot of people who don't bother to look at seller stores.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
wow, that is dumb for boxes. but it works the opposite way too. last year i sold a 00 bowman chrome retro/future refractor griffey for 50+ at auction, a couple months later, when burbank is uploading their new massive inventory, an impatient buyer buys the same card for 100+ BIN, then a couple more months later, it goes at auction for 34+. while my example shows the cons of auctions, i do like auctions and let all my cards run, cause i like the element last second ADD bidders getting in on stuff

Members online

Latest posts