Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 LEAF MEMORIES BASEBALL!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This looks to be another winner!!

http://www.leaftradingcards.com/2013_Leaf_Memories_Baseball/2013_Leaf_Memories_Sales_Sheet_v5.pdf

Product releases 11/18/2013
Leaf is pleased to announce the return of one of last year’s smash
hit products, 2013 Leaf Memories Baseball. This product once again
salutes the memory of Leaf sets from the past and features classic
1990 Leaf designs plus a multitude of exciting buyback cards.
LOOK FOR:
- 2013 Leaf Memories Autographed Cards –
featuring all of 2013’s top draft picks
and the most elite prospects currently in the minor leagues with ON-CARD
autographs featuring the 1990 Leaf design.
- Leaf Memories Buyback Base Cards –
like last year, Leaf has done a buyback
of 1991 Leaf Sets. These rare numbered buyback cards will be numbered to only
/5 and 1/1
!!!
Player and team collectors love these buybacks
!!!
- Leaf Buyback Autographs –
Leaf again brings you a wide selection of buyback
autographed cards from 1990-1992 Leaf plus 1985-1988 Leaf (all cards are
numbered to the players' jersey numbers).
- Leaf Signed Memorabilia Redemption Cards –
look for redemption cards which
can be redeemed for items ranging from a Barack Obama Autographed Baseball
to Frank Thomas Signed Bats... a wide range of items are available...
ALL IN-STOCK AND REDEMPTIONS FILLED IMMEDIATELY!
- Limited edition 1960 Leaf Originals autographs of hot prospect JOSE ABREU

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I can't speak for other people but I don't think there is anything special about the 1991 Leaf release lol - I mean there were essentially no hits or rare cards or even known RCs in the product. I just think their attempt at 1990 was pretty good but only because it was a pretty well known set IMO. 1991 is probably considered junk in most people's case.

With all THAT said, mission accomplished by Leaf because I guess I'll be looking for the Belle buy-backs ::facepalm::

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I can't speak for other people but I don't think there is anything special about the 1991 Leaf release lol - I mean there were essentially no hits or rare cards or even known RCs in the product. I just think their attempt at 1990 was pretty good but only because it was a pretty well known set IMO. 1991 is probably considered junk in most people's case.

With all THAT said, mission accomplished by Leaf because I guess I'll be looking for the Belle buy-backs ::facepalm::

This and the Ryan 7th No Hitter card were pretty huge when 91 Leaf was released....
91leaf-henderson.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Player and team collectors love these buybacks
!!!

This is the same as saying all white people are Ku Klux Clan members?... a bit of a overgeneralization!
I am with [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] here, in that not only was 1990 Leaf special, but 1991 Leaf was overproduced and ugly, and abundantly "unspecial"... The singles will have to be very inexpensive for me to cave-in and buy a Gwynn...
Just my opinion, and if this thread is not the place for an opinion, someone can delete it.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
this is the perfect place for opinions, it helps keep this place going. If everyone had the same opinion on everything life would be pretty boring.

Couldnt some of the same things be said for Topps Heritage/Archives or UD Retro, all have buy backs in them along with using the old design to create new cards.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Getting confusing which year they are paying hommage to with the different designs. Disappointed to see the same retired star autos again. Would love to see more semi-star and hometown favorites from the 1991 set. Would love to see Grace's 1988 Leaf rookie card in the 85-88 auto'd buybacks! I'll chase the buybacks for sure, but really they're just a 5 cent card with a stamp that will now cost me $50+ for the 1/1 if I can find it, which doesn't really excite me.

88LEAF.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=3164]jbhofmann[/MENTION] - Maybe that was the case in 1991. Today, per COMC, 89 copies of the Ryan can be had starting at $0.39 and the 66 copies of the Henderson can be had starting at $0.48

In all seriousness, there was probably NO issue "buying back" the 1991 Leaf cards... I feel like you can get EVERY card in the release for pennies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Getting confusing which year they are paying hommage to with the different designs. Disappointed to see the same retired star autos again. Would love to see more semi-star and hometown favorites from the 1991 set. Would love to see Grace's 1988 Leaf rookie card in the 85-88 auto'd buybacks! I'll chase the buybacks for sure, but really they're just a 5 cent card with a stamp that will now cost me $50+ for the 1/1 if I can find it, which doesn't really excite me.

88LEAF.jpg
No kidding... I was able to get all the Belle cards from the release last year outside of the 1/1 which is being kidnapped for $200 BIN on eBay ::facepalm::

DAMN Beckett for recognizing these cards or I would just completely ignore lol

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There may be zero interest now but in 91 PLENTY of collectors bought it. No one wanted to be "shut out" of the leaf craze that year (until stadium club was issued at least).

On nostalgic reasons alone, this one should sell.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The "Gold Leaf" cards were blazing hot when the product was released in 1991. The Henderson and Ryan cards signed in a metallic gold pen would be awesome looking.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I agree that the 91 set is less iconic and could therefore make this much less "hot" than last years release. Personally I'm looking forward and hoping that Leaf will do something with their 1993 Leaf Limited set...loved that one.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
@jbhofmann - Maybe that was the case in 1991. Today, per COMC, 89 copies of the Ryan can be had starting at $0.39 and the 66 copies of the Henderson can be had starting at $0.48

In all seriousness, there was probably NO issue "buying back" the 1991 Leaf cards... I feel like you can get EVERY card in the release for pennies.

I think I could have sold Brian back any Leaf card he needed from 1991 in quantity!! :)

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

Agreed.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
No way is this gonna be a "hit" 1991 even when it released lost steam in a hurry. Buyback cards of these. More like give backs. I wont be touching this disaster.

Members online

Latest posts