Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

People are just idiots..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
Reading this mornings fan comments on Mets and Yankees articles on their websites has just made me realize, more than I did before, how stupid and pessimistic some people are. They sum up all of the teams problems in one sentence per player and call it the day. They dwell on the negative and spread the panic; even if the news article is purely positive. Its absolutely horrible how unintelligent they sound. Then again, how many intelligent people these days can you honestly have a serious, true baseball conversation with that see both sides of the story and the positives and negatives of certain things?

Rant over.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The same can be applied to any topic of any complexity, from sports to politics to economics. With the net and the media, there is this compulsion to fill space and the only 4-letter words anymore are "don't" and "know" when there's an "I" that comes before them. You can read and listen and give things whatever weight you think is appropriate, but nobody really knows anything.

With something as silly as sports, you just have to sit back and actually wait for them to play the friggin' games. Then complain about what happens. And people wonder why some people are sarcastic about prospecting.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
MetsCollector456 said:
Reading this mornings fan comments on Mets and Yankees articles on their websites has just made me realize, more than I did before, how stupid and pessimistic some people are. They sum up all of the teams problems in one sentence per player and call it the day. They dwell on the negative and spread the panic; even if the news article is purely positive. Its absolutely horrible how unintelligent they sound. Then again, how many intelligent people these days can you honestly have a serious, true baseball conversation with that see both sides of the story and the positives and negatives of certain things?

Rant over.

Post thanked. I don't understand it either..they've got two of the best teams in all of baseball but apparently that's just not good enough for most of their fans.

Members online

Latest posts