Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Breaking News: Jim Leyland to resign.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Just saw it on ESPN.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
You guys can have him.

IMO he had all the pieces to have the best record in baseball in each of the last 5 seasons, yet they only made the playoffs 3 times over that stretch, including twice only barely making it. I just think someone else could get more out of this team during the regular season, and take them further in the postseason.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
You guys can have him.

IMO he had all the pieces to have the best record in baseball in each of the last 5 seasons, yet they only made the playoffs 3 times over that stretch, including twice only barely making it. I just think someone else could get more out of this team during the regular season, and take them further in the postseason.

Miggy was hurt. The bullpen choked. Fielder sucked as bad as possible. Iglesias made three critical mistakes. Moreover, the Red Sox stepped up when they needed to with several key hits and plays and their pitching was excellent.

Should Leyland be blamed for any of these things? No.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Miggy was hurt. The bullpen choked. Fielder sucked as bad as possible. Iglesias made three critical mistakes. Moreover, the Red Sox stepped up when they needed to with several key hits and plays and their pitching was excellent.

Should Leyland be blamed for any of these things? No.

The 2013 playoffs have very little to do with my post that you quoted to be honest. I'm talking more about the things he does during the regular season (like consistently playing guys like Ryan Raburn and Don Kelly, for one) that didn't get them to the playoffs in '09 and '10, barely got them in 2012, and almost lost them the AL Central pennant this year.

Yeah 3 division titles in a row sounds good, but look at the teams he had. Why aren't those teams winning 100 games?

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I guess we'll find out when they find someone new to take over.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Thank you Mr. Leyland for the years of service to your teams and really holding true to what's right in this game.
He may never see that or even care but he managed some teams I loved to hate (Pirates early 90's. I was a braves fan) but no matter what they were always tough to beat and competitive and he will be missed

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts