Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Suggestion of which card to get: Jackie Robinson Leaf PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teachervido

Aug 7, 2008
Fresh Meadows, NY
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in awhile and have decided to finally make a big purchase. I would like to get the boards opinion/suggestion. The card in mind is a Jackie Robinson Leaf 1948.

Two cards that are currently posted on eBay are;

PSA 3 - Leaf -
$T2eC16hHJFsFFSFDI,gYBS(wlwgqtw~~60_12.JPG

PSA 4 - Leaf

$(KGrHqV,!qMFJEKG2Cr5BSTuF)EfEw~~60_12.JPG

I prefer to buy a graded card for the sense of security. Which card do you think looks better? I'm leaning towards the PSA 3 even though the corners are rounded. How much do you think a PSA 3 would cost? I've searched for completed auctions on eBay and it's anywhere between 1K and 1.5K. I don't want to spend more than 2K on the Jackie Robinson, so should I hold up for another card to appear on eBay with a higher grade?

Thanks in advance!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I would not get either of those cards, I would hold out longer for a well centered copy. Above all else, centering is the single most important thing to me when dealing in low(er) grade vintage. However, out of those 2 the PSA 4 looks MUCH better than the PSA 3.

EDIT: The only other one on ebay right now, the one you left out, is a PSA 3 that is well centered. I would take that one.

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I think the 4 looks better but I agree that I would hold out for a well centered copy, if you ever need to sell the card it will make a big difference. Allthough from past experience no matter which one you choose, once you get it you will be very happy.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Love that card. I sold a very off centered PSA 2 for 1,000 bucks when the movie 42 came out this year. Sort of wish I had it back but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to double my money in a matter of a couple months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts