Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the "ultimate situation" for a prospect card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Talking solely about value, what's the ultimate situation for a prospect card?

Here's my take.

He's a charismatic Yankee prospect (batter) who only has one auto bc card which was issued as a redemption three years prior (the redemption has since expired).

He gets called up September 2 and goes all "Shane Spencer" for the month.

He continues his power barrage through the post season and is a main reason why the yanks win the world series.

I think this is the ultimate situation because not only would he have ONLY one auto but it's a bc and it's an expired redemption so no longer possible to be found in packs.

Also, because he was called up after Sept one, he wouldn't have any rc logo until next season so his bc would be his ONLY card for six months.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Power, age, position are the top three factors IMO. Overall performance is important, but power is by far the number one factor to increase card demand. A SS or C with power will outsell a 1B with power. Likewise, a 20-year-old performing on a high level will outsell a 24-year-old.

You basically nailed it with the actual card situation...not sure how much better it can get than that as far as short-term value.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Matt Moore, Yankees and Rangers. 2011. Cards tripled immediately.

Jeremy Hermida, 2006, Grand slam in first game. Cards tripled immediately.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I'd like to see an elite prospect that is a Bill Russell (basketball HOFer not the Dodger) type who would refuse to sign in his early days.

Everyone wants his autograph and he just refuses to sign for anyone. Chrome base would be great again.

Last edited:

Members online