Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

stokelydokely's 2011-2012 Baseball TTM successes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
Hi guys,

Hopefully it's not a total faux pas to post one- and two-year-old successes; I'm just excited to be able to share this interest with others. I really have Topps Allen & Ginter to thank for my TTM activity; after rediscovering baseball cards in 2008, A&G popped out at me as a set that would be great for TTM. I did pre-spring-training sendouts in 2011 and 2012. My hope is that this post will give other TTMers anecdotal indications of wait times for certain players, or maybe even give others some ideas of players they'd like to send to.

2011 Returns (sent mid-February 2011)
Drew Stubbs - 2/25
David Wright - 3/3 (Returned different card from the one I sent, no complaints here!)
Neil Walker - 3/4
Curtis Granderson - 3/4 (Card unsigned, returned signed player card)
Mariano Rivera - 3/12
Nelson Cruz - 3/12
Ryan Howard - Mid-May (Card unsigned, returned pre-print postcard along with letter on Phils letterhead)
Jimmy Rollins - Mid-May (Card unsigned, returned pre-print postcard along with letter on Phils letterhead)
Roy Halladay - Mid-May (Card unsigned, returned pre-print postcard along with letter on Phils letterhead)
Matt LaPorta - 5/27
Jon Lester - Mid-July (Card unsigned, returned pre-print postcard)
Kevin Youkilis - Mid-July (Card unsigned, returned pre-print postcard)
Josh Hamilton - 12/13 (Signed 1 of 2 cards)
Tony LaRussa - 10/14 (**Sent mid-September, couldn't believe he found time to sign while pushing the Cards toward the playoffs!)
Joe Mauer - 12/30 (Card unsigned, sent postcard postmarked from St. Paul - speculation that the tiny "Joe" signature at the end of the postcard is Mauer's, and it's fun to go with that theory)

2012 Returns (sent mid-February 2012)
Geovany Soto - 2/24 (Signed 2/2 cards)
Bobby Valentine - 3/1 (Card returned *unsigned* In my letter, I wrote that I like how much personality he brings to the game and specifically mentioned the time he wore the fake glasses/nose in the Mets dugout after being ejected from a game - must be a sore spot for him, and I don't blame him for not signing the card. Sorry Bobby V!)
Carlos Santana - 3/1
Orel Hershiser - 3/4 (Sent to ESPN Bristol, return postmarked Las Vegas)
Ron Washington - 3/29 (Signed card + protective index card I include in every return envelope!)
Sal Bando - 3/30 (Sent to Milwaukee business address, return postmarked Phoenix)
Gordon Beckham - 4/12
Fernando Valenzuela - 5/3 (Sent to Dodger Stadium)
Joe Carter, World Series hero! - 6/2 (Sent to Leawood, KS address - Returned different card from the one I sent)
Ryan Dempster - 8/1 (Just before he was traded from the Cubs!)
Brandon Beachy - 12/13

Except where noted, all requests were sent to spring training addresses. Feel free to PM me if you'd like specifics for any of the non-ST addresses, and I'll see if I can dig out that info. Thanks guys, looking forward to reading about all your successes and hopefully contributing more myself in the future!

Members online

Latest posts