Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Sunday November 3, 2013 Jackie is the center of attention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Today's photo of the day features a young Jackie Robinson visiting Comiskey Park in what appears to be the All Star game in 1950. I love this photo because it reminds me of all those old news reals I have seen that feature ball players from below as they swing or going into a throwing motion. In photos like this I love looking at everything else that is happening in the background from the sport writer's gathering around to the other phtographers no doubt waiting for their shot of the Dodger great. On the left side, with a camera in hand it almost looks like Dodger announcer Red Barber waiting on the field as well. I have no way of knowing if this is indeed him but he does have a bit of a resemblance to the Ole Red Head.

I hope you enjoy today's photo of the day.

JackieRobinson_zpsf033e382.jpg

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Nice pic. That is one round guy with the pipe and pants up to his chin

Sent from my iPhone

He was actually the first guy I noticed when I looked at this photo. I would like to find out (if possible) who that guy was and see some of his writing. Just looking at him he strikes me as a guy that would be very sarcastic in his reporting while eating and drinking at the clubs expense.

Members online

Latest posts