Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox Take Out Full Page in St. Louis Newspaper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here is the text. You can still click it for the picture...

St. Louis Cardinals fans are a classy group and the Red Sox wanted them to know it.
A week after defeating the Cards in the World Series (for the second time in nine years), the Sox took out a full-page ad in Tuesday’s St. Louis Post-Dispatch, thanking the Gateway to the West for good, clean fun.
“From one great baseball town to another,” the header reads.
“On behalf of our partners and the entire Red Sox organization, thank you St. Louis. The warm Midwestern welcome you extended to our team and our fans during this year’s hard-fought World Series is truly appreciated. Your region, its people, and the entire Cardinals organization represent everything that’s great about baseball.
“We share the same colors and rich, storied baseball history that stretches from Musial and Williams, to Molina and Pedroia. We’re both home to the most loyal, passionate fans in the game. And the four World Series in which we’ve gone head-to-head are still etched in the memories of those who love our sport.
“So we tip our hats to each and every one of you. We look forward to seeing you again next August. Let’s hope that it’s just a prelude to meeting again in October.”

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Very classy gesture. I didn't sense the hostility in this WS like I did in 2004. Four times they've now met in the World Series with an even split.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Sox current ownership does "get it." With 2004 and 88 years of frustration behind the organization it is much easier to do things like this. Also, the '13 Series was hard fought and had some controversy but the teams (and fans) clearly respected each other.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
That was a nice gesture by the Red Sox. It's too bad newspapers don't have the impact they did 25-30 years ago. They are a slow dying industry and I'm sure this message did not reach nearly the amount of St. Louis fans it should have.

I had a paper route in my teens - I don't think any teenager these days even have the option to get up early and hurl some papers to the neighbors doorsteps (doubt many would want to).

Members online