Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We Dealers Live For Stuff Like This (Vintage Find)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Picked up this lot of beauties today. Cards came in with no protection on the whatsoever. Amazing that such treasures still exist:

and these rareties:

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Those are beautiful although looking through I can't help but notice that Topps has been reusing photos of players for decades lol.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Nice!!!

I had the same thing happen to me just last weekend when a guy sold me a stack of 35+ singles from the 1952 Topps set, none in holders or pages and still in fairly decent shape for cards 60+ years old. I wish mine was stacked with stars like you got but it's still amazing these are still out there.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
WOW!!!!

Tell us more... What was this conversation like? Were they dads? Little old lady? Someone educated and knew what the had or were they blown away by what you has to tell them about the cards?

Last edited:

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Absolutely beautiful stuff. Out of curiosity, what kind of offer/deal did you cut? Not asking for the actual number, but curious what you were dealing with in terms of the seller and their expectation.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Picked up this lot of beauties today. Cards came in with no protection on the whatsoever.
Since the cards were unprotected, the owner obviously didn't realize they were valuable.
How much did you rip off, I mean pay, for the cards?
Every one of us dreams of finding a stash like that at a garage sale or thrift shop.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
'54 is my Favorite set, but man, is that '57 Hank sweet looking!

And yeah, it's only once every coupla years, but they still walk thru the door randomly. Once had a lady with two early ('48?) Bowman sets in the original cheese boxes her Dad used in his Deli...

Members online

Latest posts