Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees Called Reds about Phillips. Thought?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
IMO this would be a GREAT move for the Yankees. Phillips is 4 years/50 million left. Thats considerably less than the 7+ year 200+ million dollar contract cano will get.

Now I know a lot of people may disagree but hear me out.

You sign Phillips who is very good defensively and not a slouch offensively and lose Cano who is also good defensively but better offensively. You gain back the production of Cano with Tex instead of Overbay over at first (hopefully). This clears room for them to attempt to sign McCann as well as Tanaka and still have room to shore up the team.

As for the prospects I hear its steep but something of Austin or Williams, plus a few b level guys and a pitcher or two (Phelps, Warren guys like that.)

The Yanks have the prospects as the Reds don't need immediate help. The issue would be if they asked for Sanchez who is virtually untouchable.

With a list of guys like Austin, Williams, De Paula, Almonte, Heathcott, Banuelos, Hensley, Montgomery, Campos, Bichette among others they have the guys to get it done.

I wish they would but I highly doubt it.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Dear Walt Jockety,

Trade Phillips in a package for Mason Williams who moves to CF
B Ham to 2nd base
Let Arroyo walk and immediately bring Robert Stephenson up to fill the #5 rotation spot.

You're welcome,

jbhofmann

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Something happened with BP when he had to take his last maternity leave. When he came back, he wasnt the same. He was on fire before the leave and after....well he fizzled out. Maybe one to many one nighters finally caught up with him and she has a better lawyer? My guess is he gets traded to Yankees to free up cash to keep Choo or extend Latos, Bruce & maybe Chapman.

Just my $0.02.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Choo is going to be too expensive for what he does. I'd be perfectly fine with a young guy patrolling CF.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Choo is going to be too expensive for what he does. I'd be perfectly fine with a young guy patrolling CF.
Agreed. Put Billy Hamilton in CF and batting lead off. Phillips has been fun to watch but the guy has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Philips gets out of the NL Central.
NYY gets a 2B discount.
NYY gets draft comp pick for Cano.
Exactly. Seems like a win win for both teams
Dear Walt Jockety,

Trade Phillips in a package for Mason Williams who moves to CF
B Ham to 2nd base
Let Arroyo walk and immediately bring Robert Stephenson up to fill the #5 rotation spot.

You're welcome,

jbhofmann
Deal.

Signed,
Brian Cashman.