Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*NEW* CUSTOM "FANTASY" CARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
20131111_233938-1_zps831b5792.jpg

-AJ

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
-It is a prototype = The upper corner of the window where the stitches are is warped due to how thick the leather was where it intersected right there. I could have shaved it from below but, I did not want to cut through the stitches.
I will thicken up the face layer by mounting it to a heavy hard stock or make deeper "wells" on a final version. The bat and ball are from Canseco donor cards and the button is from a Blue Jays gamer. Nice piece of Art for my collection!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It is a prototype = The upper corner of the window where the stitches are is warped due to how thick the leather was where it intersected right there. I could have shaved it from below but, I did not want to cut through the stitches.
I will thicken up the face layer by mounting it to a heavy hard stock or make deeper "wells" on a final version. The bat & ball are from Canseco donor cards and the button is from a Blue Jays gamer. Nice piece of Art for my collection!

That is better than nice!

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
Any reason you didn't label the materials and use the team logo like the originals?

Being a prototype I wanted to see If I could make the 4 holes work and what to put in them. Ended up going with slightly bigger holes (to accommodate the button and more of the other "flare"!)
I tried all combinations to see what configuration they looked best in. Also, I liked the centered look - Don't think I could fit a team name or signature panel for that matter - due to larger cutouts.

I learned a few things on perfecting one for "next time." I may not even run with the inspired design - It's just what influenced the idea and I already had a "template" 90% ready from my 1/1 scan.

Last edited:

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Looks really cool! I would be worried about the flaring of the paper around the stitches too, over time, the paper may crack or split in the corner due to the added stress (I'm an old paper worker).

Great Job!

Fordman

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Looks really cool! I would be worried about the flaring of the paper around the stitches too, over time, the paper may crack or split in the corner due to the added stress (I'm an old paper worker).

Great Job!

Fordman

Take the stitches out on the part that is concealed maybe?

Members online