Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Bowman Draft - Small Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

I am aware that the product isn't even out yet, but I've seen some autograph card pictures on facebook from Topps and one thing seems to bother me.

Why the hell don't they include "1st Bowman Chrome Card" in the corner of the card? I'm tired of seeing it just say "Bowman Chrome" in the corner.

Anyone else on the same boat or am I just crazy?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If you do your homework, you already know if it's a First BC card or not.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Then we don't need stats on the back either.

Some people like it, I don't care, either way. Im guessing some like it to say it, for the added look on the card. In 1979, I didn't need to be told who the all stars were, but I liked it on the card, it looked cool. Its not always because a person is lazy.

Some people have the time to research this stuff, some don't. Doesn't mean they are lazy.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
For many prospects, Topps would stamp that designation in the corner of the card, when in fact it wasn't their first Bowman Chrome card.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I like the designation, but sometimes...

2009Adrianza.jpg
2010Adrianza.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Exactly.Topps screws up the designation way too many times.

Just because Topps misapplied the designation doesn't mean that it should go away. Why can't we expect them to bring it back AND get it right? That was a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that. It's shocking how low they've set the bar.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Just because Topps misapplied the designation doesn't mean that it should go away. Why can't we expect them to bring it back AND get it right? That was a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that. It's shocking how low they've set the bar.

Well said

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

And we're stuck with Topps exclusive for how many more years?

Members online

Latest posts