Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
how many times have you seen this claim and you have another one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-BERNIE-WILLIAMS-SELECT-CERTIFIED-MIRROR-BLUE-25-PSA-10-POP-1-1-/231077803607?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item35cd4f7657

heres mine.

Image11_zps626b54d0.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's a pet peeve of mine when sellers put "Ebay 1/1" in the title and the card is numbered 1/100 or something.
But worse than that is when they put "No Autograph" in the title, so when you search for a player's autograph, those stupid auctions clog your search.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
It's a pet peeve of mine when sellers put "Ebay 1/1" in the title and the card is numbered 1/100 or something.
But worse than that is when they put "No Autograph" in the title, so when you search for a player's autograph, those stupid auctions clog your search.

I hate it to when I am on there trying to search the new listings.

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013

Yeah, the "no auto" is a bummer.

Also not a fan of adding players not associated to the card listing as well. Next Puig?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cards-/212/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=next+puig

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
When I post a topic here which I feel has never been brought up, I always add "Fcb 1/1 LQQK!" :confused:

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
And you can't avoid the "non auto" result because eBay has shortened the search length and removed wildcard (*) use. Basically I need to run 3 searches to get what I want to find out but can't eliminate the dreck.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
eBay 1/1s are annoying to see. I'm also not a fan of jersey number serial numbering... I know I'm in the minority here but that's OK.

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
And you can't avoid the "non auto" result because eBay has shortened the search length and removed wildcard (*) use. Basically I need to run 3 searches to get what I want to find out but can't eliminate the dreck.

You can use boolean logic as a work around to them doing away with the wildcard.

For example your query can go something like this:
Aaron Judge (auto, autos, autograph, autographed) -(pack, box, case, non)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Baseball-/2...tograph,+autographed)+-(pack,+box,+case,+non)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
That's messed up.

Although, isn't one hobby and one retail?

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

sounds like the 1/1's were hobby only?
Please note that multiple copies of the Artist's Proof 1/1 cards have surfaced. It is believed that, while only one copy of each was inserted into Hobby packs, addition Artist's Proof 1/1s were produced for quality control purposes. These quality control cards were more than likely backdoored after Pinnacle Brands' bankruptcy.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
You can use boolean logic as a work around to them doing away with the wildcard.

For example your query can go something like this:
Aaron Judge (auto, autos, autograph, autographed) -(pack, box, case, non)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Baseball-/213/i.html?_ddo=1&_ipg=1&_sop=16&lgeo=1&_nkw=Aaron+Judge+(auto%2C+autos%2C+autograph%2C+autographed)+-(pack%2C+box%2C+case%2C+non)

Yeah, I do that now actually. But that same search could be: Aaron Judge auto* -(pack,box*,case,non*) and allow me to include other names like:
(judge,clarkin,jagielo) auto*-(pack,box*,case,non*)

and not run out of characters in the search term

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
Yeah, I do that now actually. But that same search could be: Aaron Judge auto* -(pack,box*,case,non*) and allow me to include other names like:

Damn. How many players are you throwing at the search at once?

300 Characters is a decent amount.

I was even able to hack it beyond the 300 to do a query like this:

(aaron Judge,clarkin,meadows,kohl stewart,Reese McGuire,Jagielo,Hunter Harvey,Jonathan Gray,Denney,Demeritte,Trey Ball,Justin Williams,Hunter Dozier,Chris Anderson,D.J. Peterson,Colin Moran,Robert Kaminsky,Tim Anderson,Hunter Renfroe,Braden Shipley,Ryder Jones,Dustin Peterson)(blue, green, black) (2013) (bowman) (auto, autos, autograph, autographed) -(pack, box, case, non)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...tographed)+-(pack,+box,+case,+non)&_sacat=213

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
L@@K, HOT CARD!!!!, WOW and $$$$ have to be some of my favorites people for some reason put into titles. But "ebay 1/1" and "non auto" are definetly the most annoying.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Honest question, do people search "1/1"? I guess they might.

I'm pretty sure nobody searches "l@@k"

Just in the Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop category: 44,455 results for "1/1"
eBay wide: 143,600 results for "L@@K"
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop: 9,517 results for "L@@K"

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

This.

My Dawson search takes me ten times longer to look through now than when I could use wildcards.

Lowry

Jan 15, 2013
McAllen, TX
Anyone familiar with a way to block a seller from your search parameters? I tried adding them to my blocked buyer list and that didn't carry over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts