Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Former Team USA College Player's Weekly Update Posted...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
How bout my Boy Harold Martinez? .356 on the season with 2 HR and 13 RBI's? He is the best hitter on the Canes right now, just entering the top 10 in most polls :) I'm gonna be calling my first game for the radio station here in a few weeks and I am so pumped.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Dig 'em out if you got 'em.

Berry.jpg

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
bungle77 said:
Jared Clark has been HBP 5 times in 11 games? The next Don Baylor?

I remember a few years ago Drew Stubbs had gotten plunked over 20 times by the end of the season. Scary thing going up against pitchers with little command...

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
cowboysrule48 said:
docsilvey said:
cowboysrule48 said:
And Gibson continues to roll!

As I was typing Gibson's little blurb I knew you were going to be pleased :D

Yep, I was I was still in Columbia to watch him pitch live.

On a side note, I really wish I still had my Matt Harvey green auto!

When the 2007 USA set was released Harvey came out of the gate pretty expensive, but really fell off after he decided to sign with UNC. Would have been a great time to stock up. His other cards in that set were short-printed relative to the other players. They should see some serious appreciation over the coming few weeks...

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Mike Leake is scary good IMO, he knows what he's doing out there, and he can hit like hell for a pitcher.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
docsilvey said:
cowboysrule48 said:
docsilvey said:
cowboysrule48 said:
And Gibson continues to roll!

As I was typing Gibson's little blurb I knew you were going to be pleased :D

Yep, I was I was still in Columbia to watch him pitch live.

On a side note, I really wish I still had my Matt Harvey green auto!

When the 2007 USA set was released Harvey came out of the gate pretty expensive, but really fell off after he decided to sign with UNC. Would have been a great time to stock up. His other cards in that set were short-printed relative to the other players. They should see some serious appreciation over the coming few weeks...

Yea, I still have a bunch of the black autos. I remember buying the green for right around 100, and had a deal in place for the second one at the same price. I ended up not pulling the trigger on the second one because something came up with work, and I was getting ready to leave for college. When I heard he officially wasn't signing I was able to sell mine for what I paid for it.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
docsilvey said:
aw00d05 said:
who went yard on stras?

San Diego's Nick McCoy, and that was only the second time that someone has gone yard on Stras in his college CAREER...
i know that's crazy, he's gunna be special if he doesn't get hurt, but that's a pretty big if with pitchers...