Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I "kinda" know what a desperate player collector feels like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I collect promo/sample cards (have over 1000 different) and even though my goal is not to have everything made, I've kind of gotten to the point where what's available is either mass produced (can always get it), too pricey or just plain boring.

So while cleaning out my back room, I noticed that many boxes from the 90s have cards printed on the front.

So I figured why not carefully cut it out and add it to my collection. After all, they are technically promos promoting the cards inside and they are blank backed.

My only "rule" is that the card printed on the box is full sized.

So now I know what you guys go through when you get to the point of wanting to add even though there's nothing you need/ want.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I've seen lots of that stuff listed on eBay. Photos cut from boxes, posters, magazines, Red Foley sticker books, etc. Stuff that was never intended to be a "card" being sold as some sort of rare thing. Even saw some idiot who was selling a Canseco obviously cut from the top of a 1989 Score box and he swore up and down it was pulled from a pack. For me, unless something was meant to be cut out, I'll either want the whole thing, or not at all, but not a scrap of something.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Good luck sticking to the rule ;) I see mini cut outs, wrappers and magazine pics of cards in your future

Ryan

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
on a unrelated topic........back when I first got back into collecting my son made me this for a present, ( cut from a 1993 Leaf box) Thomas was my Target for awhile
favcard.jpg

and a few years back after my buddy Lance seen it, He sent me one
1993thomasleaf.jpg

Wadda A Guy Thanks Lance;)

Members online