Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Topps Tri-cards (Derek Jeter)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have asked around about this card a few times before and nobody seems to have much info, so let's give it a go here.

I bought a 1996 Topps factory set back in 96. It advertised a special tri-card inside,among other goodies. I think I wanted it for the mantle stuff. When I opened the set, I got a Derek Jeter Tri-card, which is actually a pretty cool looking card. It is the size of three standard cards. At the time, it didn't mean a whole lot, but now he has obviously bloomed into a great player.

Here is the deal…these sets must have been somewhat limited compared to the sets w/o the bonus card, but I have yet to find a different card subject and the Jeter doesn't seem to be that common. What gives? Does anyone know for sure if there are different subjects and if so, maybe a checklist?

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
pretty sure Derek Jeter was the only tri-card. In 8 factory sets I saw opened he was in every one.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I have that same card but had no idea where it was from. Thanks for the info that you did know about the card. I will have to dig it out for a scan.

Members online

Latest posts