Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shout out to a Topps CSR (Yes, you read that right)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Now, let me say, I am not really happy with the end result, but I give props to the CSR (I will PM you the name if you want it) that helped me out.

Here is the story...Several months ago I pulled a redemption for a Darvish mini framed auto from 2013 Tribute. This was one of those rare times when you pull an item from the sell sheet. Here is the pic from the sell sheet:

tribute.PNG

I was clearly pretty happy. I had sold the last 2 Darvish auto's I pulled and wanted to keep this one.

Well, time went by and pretty shortly after Topps announced the new redemption process (a few months ago) my card was marked as shipped.

When it arrived, I opened the envelope and found this:

darvish mini.jpg

Several weeks passed (I am in the process of moving) and I eventually called Topps last week to find out why. The woman who took my call was polite, professional and helpful. She did not have the answer for why it was different, but told me she would email the production manager and call me back. She called me back today and told me that I received the correct card and that they decided not to encase the Darvish mini auto (despite what the sell sheet said).

While I am disappointed because I really wanted this auto encased as it was shown on the sell sheet, I appreciate the follow up and straight forwardness shown by this person.

So, while I don't like the card as much as I had wanted to, I will go ahead and say it.

#ThanksTopps

PS. I hope this thread gets back to Topps and that person gets appropriately recognized for her help and follow through.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So "framed" is slang for top loader?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
So...Did they help you get one that was framed, or just be nice and polite and say "Well, we decided not to make the correct card so we just sent this card in a toploader. Your welcome"

Pretty much "we decided not to make it" and while that was obviously disappointing, to have the conversation and the follow up was a remarkable improvement over where they were in the past. That was my point. Of course, if they give me the card I expected, that would be even better.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Im very confused...You are happy that they were nice about saying they lied to you and other collectors?

The CSR was a huge improvement over my experiences with Topps in the past. As I said, I am not happy with the card result, but that was not her fault. When was the last time a CSR called you back to follow up on an issue? I can separate her perfomance and professionalism from the card production and distribution process. I guess you cannot. Would yell at a gate agent when your flight is cancelled? Or, if they handled it well, could you separate her actions from those of the airline? Obviously some people cannot separate one from the other.

They (Topps) gave you a card stating that you would get a FRAMED Darvish Auto, correct?

When you called, they said "Oh we didn't feel like making the the card we told you that you would get" We will just send the non framed one in a toploader and call it good enough"

Great, they were nice and told you in a nice way that we lied to collectors but because we made money, we dont give a damn.

That, in my mind, is crap CS. I don't care if they were nice about it. You mess up, you do everything in your power to make it as right as possible. They didn't.

Does being nice about help a li? Yes. Does it make it right? NO

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
They (Topps) gave you a card stating that you would get a FRAMED Darvish Auto, correct?

When you called, they said "Oh we didn't feel like making the the card we told you that you would get" We will just send the non framed one in a toploader and call it good enough"

Great, they were nice and told you in a nice way that we lied to collectors but because we made money, we dont give a damn.

That, in my mind, is crap CS. I don't care if they were nice about it. You mess up, you do everything in your power to make it as right as possible. They didn't.

Does being nice about help a li? Yes. Does it make it right? NO

Your not reading or understanding what his point was. He was happy with the response from a specific CSR at Topps, which is different than those who deal with production (which he stated). Your taking this on a tangent of what the card was redeemed for not what the OP was speaking about

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Glad you had a good experience with the CSR, too bad you didn't get the card like you should have.

Another way to explain this is that you don't take out your aggravation on a waitress/waiter for a cooks bad job, or maybe you do?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have to admit, the knee-jerk Topps bashing is tiresome, but people are correct pointing out that, despite having set a new personal record for customer service in that the rep actually called you back when she said she would, it still is a service failure in the larger sense of you not getting what you were promised. Of the whole process, I should think getting the autograph is the hard part, not putting it in a frame.

Members online