Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Thursday November 21, 2013 Happy Birthday Stanisław Franciszek Musiał

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Photo of the Day Thursday November 21, 2013 Happy Birthday Stanisław Franciszek Musiał

Today Stan Musial would have been 93 years of age if he didnt pass away earlier this year. Stan left a legacy as a fierce competitor, a life long St.Louis Cardinal and one hell of a nice guy. I dont need to say too much about Mr. Musial because we all know him either by reading stories about his career and life, meeting him in person or second hand reports of his playing days. Today, to honor Mr. Musial I will post a number of photos to celebrate his career and life.

I hope you enjoy today's photos of the day

stan-musial1_zpse242a73b.jpg

From the Cardinals 2013 yearbook:
"Three postseason surgeries, including an appendectomy and tonsillectomy, didn't prevent Musial from getting into the Christmas spirit. He joins teammates (from left) Del Wilber, Dick Sisler, Terry Moore and Red Schoendienst on Dec. 11 to open a Christmas tree lot in the St. Louis suburb of Clayton to benefit the Faust Park Children's Center and the American Cancer Society."

stan-musial-1947_zps56c5255a.jpg

Stand crosses the plate after one of his many home runs hit at St. Louis' Sportsmans Park. The stands are packed in this photo!

musial-homerun_zpse84e646d.jpg

Sliding across the plate while the catcher, Ernie Lombardi.....known as the schnoze for obvious reasons drops the ball!

T782627__zps6b6a4f21.jpg

A younger Stan Musial working his magic at Chicago's Wrigley Field where, years later he would collect his 3000th hit.

stan-musial_zps9ed0aa91.jpg

Sliding into third at Sportsman's Park.

stan-musial-slides_zpsf769f644.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Those are awesome. He was an all-time great on and off the field. My grandmother passed this year (at the age of 93) and she was an all-time great too. Clearly from a different time and generation.

Ironic that Del Wilber is at a ACS fundraiser smoking a pipe.......

Members online

Latest posts