Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I just don't get dumb ebayers sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I have a 2013 Bowman Draft Auto on auction now for a 1.99 starting bid and a 5.99 BIN + 2.00 shipping. It has been up for a few days with no bids. I was looking at past auctions of said card a bit ago and noticed one went yesterday for 14.99 BIN + 2.75 shipping and another went 7.99 + 2.00 shipping.

Don't people look for a deal? I am just amazed my card is still there. For what it worth I have perfect feedback and 5 stars across the board so I know that is not it.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The only two people who want the card already got it, and arent looking for another?

Its up and down. Its kinda like how I list something for weeks at twenty with free shipping wont sell, but then i get a bite when I make it 17 plus 7 shipping... Go figure.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sometimes, people get in a hurry to buy something and hit a higher BIN unreasonably. At other times, there may be a crappy pic or something in your pic that makes people feel your card is inferior in condition. This might drive them away and has driven me away at times from a cheaper priced card. Especially if 8 out of 10 sellers had the card at let's say $15 and the remaining two had it at $8 or so. You automatically want to know why the card is priced cheaper.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Maybe prior buyers bought card along with others and got combined shipping? Its also possible the buyers know the other sellers and may just feel more comfortable that way.
its not a perfect science.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I have a 2013 Bowman Draft Auto on auction now for a 1.99 starting bid and a 5.99 BIN + 2.00 shipping. It has been up for a few days with no bids. I was looking at past auctions of said card a bit ago and noticed one went yesterday for 14.99 BIN + 2.75 shipping and another went 7.99 + 2.00 shipping.

If it were me as a potential bidder and it wasn't a must-have card to have to hit the BIN, I'd be setting a snipe for $5.98 to try to save a few bucks.

It might also be condition of the card and people's opinions about gradeability of the card. I know when I'm bidding on chrome autos for the PC that if I can see scratches or other defects in the chrome, I usually don't bid as it would affect resale-ability if I decided to get rid of that auto in the future. For paper autos for the PC, I look at centering and sharp corners for the same type of reason.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Some people just "need" a card of X player and hit the first BIN they see.

A lot of people, eBayers included are just plain ignorant/dumb/lazy/don't care.

Members online

Latest posts