Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I listed my Porcello X BGS 10. What's a fair price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I am willing to move it if the right offer comes along, but I don't want to sell it too cheap. Someone just offered $150. I think I can get more. Right now it's listed at BIN/BO $499.99, which i know is rediculous.

What would be a good price to sell it at?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
I am willing to move it if the right offer comes along, but I don't want to sell it too cheap. Someone just offered $150. I think I can get more. Right now it's listed at BIN/BO $499.99, which i know is rediculous.

What would be a good price to sell it at?

150 is fair. 200 tops IMO

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
yes, 499 is ridiculous

if you just listed it, wait and see what other offers you may get if you are not in a hurry to move it

but who knows? you just never know so someone might be crazy enough to offer you close the the bin

dave

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
depends.

are you desperate to sell now?

can you hang onto the card a little bit longer (maybe wait for more porcello hype)?

do you think there's going to be another 10 popping up anytime soon?

do you think 1 of the buyers who tend not to be the most price sensitive will go after the card?

i don't know that i agree about high bins scaring people off unless they're clearly insanely high (say 2k on a $200 card). there's a fine line between setting too low of a bin, setting a bin that only allows minimal wiggle room (buyers seem to want 50% off any bin anyway, so your 299 will prob generate $100-150 offers), + a bin that says 'willing to bargain, but i'm not letting it go for $.01 on the $.' find your 'sweet spot' and price accordingly.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
First....don't listen to matchpenalty....ever....he is not that smart.

When I first saw the offer for $150, I was going to suggest you hold out for $250. I think $250 is fair...I would take the money and run.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
EricInCT said:
js0000001 said:
I would hold out another few days at least

Offers don't last that long......just sell the thing, it will not be the last 10 you see of his.

there's already 2 pristines that popped from fcb members. it's smart to have gotten rid of it 1st

250 is a no brainer imo. use the funds for a raw gold and you made out from a $30 raw card

dave

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
That sounds about right. Remember, it is an X fractor lol. You can go out for that price and at least grab a gradeable blue, or just stock up on more profitable players. Do you have any other Porcello's besides this one? If no, I would keep it then. X-Fractors are super hard to grade because of the lines.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
You're absolutely insane if you don't sell at $250.

In my personal experience, sometimes when people make higher offers than expected (or higher than the card might be worth), is you don't accept them quickly, they reconsider and withdraw their offer. Cost me $50 one time because I got greedy.

Take the money and don't look back.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jbone17 said:
That sounds about right. Remember, it is an X fractor lol. You can go out for that price and at least grab a gradeable blue, or just stock up on more profitable players. Do you have any other Porcello's besides this one? If no, I would keep it then. X-Fractors are super hard to grade because of the lines.

I said it once I will say it AGAIN:

#1) The scan lines in the xfractors in 2008 are GONE....about 90% are at least.

#2) The edges are considerably better than say the 2007 chrome. I have Tommy Hanson card with metal sticking out of the side of the card.

#3) The centering is being graded very subjectively. I have seen pictures hanging off the card (an exaggeration but you get the idea) that are receiving 9.5s.

#4) the cardboard being used is better compressed than say the 2005-2006 cards make it more sturdy and keeping the intergrity of the card in tact.

So let's recap:

Better surface: More 10s.
Better edges: more 10s.
better centering: more 10s.
better corners: more 10s.

Be thankful yours is the first 10 out there.......!

Don't believe me? Go to beckett.com and look at a population report for 2008 stars and 2007 stars.

Members online

Latest posts