Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Friday November 22, 2013 Kirby Kirby Kirby........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
For today's photo of the day I decided to go a bit more modern and post a great photo of Minnesota Twins great Kirby Puckett. Kirby was a player who could change the course of a game with one swing and had a smile that would light up a room when he walked into it. Anyone who saw his performances in the 1987 and 1991 World Series knows just how clutch this guy was both in the field and at the plate. Yes, Kirby had some personal issues which did tarnish his image later in life and if not for going blind in one eye he probably would have played a number of years more. I wont dwell on the personal issues but remember how great of a player he really was.

I hope you enjoy today's photo of the day!

1991-puckett_zps96431b50.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
As a Twins fan, this is one of my favorites that you have ever posted. Unfortunately, I was never able to watch him play as I was born in 1993 and didn't watch my first Twins game until I was 8 years old.

Members online

Latest posts