Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brian McCann to the Yankees - 5 years/$85M

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m
Source: McCann close with #Yankees on five-year deal for more than $80M.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
A couple years behind the plate, then ends deal as DH/1B. I like it. Of course people will say this screws the kids but Sanchez won't be ready for at least a solid year and is only 20-21. Gives them time to break him in. Makes Romine and/or Murphy available for trade.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
A couple years behind the plate, then ends deal as DH/1B. I like it. Of course people will say this screws the kids but Sanchez won't be ready for at least a solid year and is only 20-21. Gives them time to break him in. Makes Romine and/or Murphy available for trade.

Probably more like 2 years for Sanchez. But yeah I really like this signing. Romine, Cervelli, Murphy, or Stewart were not the answers lol. If he can stay healthy I think we could see 260-270 35-40 hrs 100 rbis.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I have a friend (female) that LOVES McCann and the Braves. She is devastated.

you can tell Stacy it's okay - there are lots of Braves to crush on. ;)

and, yes, it will be odd to see him in pinstripes. I wonder how he will wear it - Berkman looked awful in pinstripes, IMHO (just check out some of the card photos from his days as a Yankee!)

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Purchased off cgilmo a few years ago:

08_mccann_4of6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts