Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

i have $1500 to $2000 to spend on cards...any help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goep23

Aug 7, 2008
What do you guys suggest? case or two of something, single card fpr the pc,,,,let me knwo what you would do if you had 1500 to 2000 dollars to spend on cards. Help me out here please!!!!

Thanks,
Chris Sessions

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Re: i have $1500 to spemd on cards...

Based on your sig, I would save a little while longer and look for a nice, graded Pujols BC auto.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: i have $1500 to spemd on cards...

I see your a Cards fan....

Buy an autographed Stan Musial RC card PSA/DNA [48 Bowman]

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
If I had that kind of money, I'd buy prospect cards, but then again, that's what I like. You might prefer something else. There are a ton of very talented young players that you can get some really nice short print autos of right now, and they'll be worth a lot more in 3 to 5 years if you can nail down the right ones.

goep23

Aug 7, 2008
Adam G said:
If I had that kind of money, I'd buy prospect cards, but then again, that's what I like. You might prefer something else. There are a ton of very talented young players that you can get some really nice short print autos of right now, and they'll be worth a lot more in 3 to 5 years if you can nail down the right ones.

What kind of posprects would i be looking fpr and wihch are the brst baxes to find thses RC card?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i have a sweet double sided pujols mattingly auto 4/5, id love to help get you started :)

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
IndyMann said:
goep23 said:
What kind of posprects would i be looking fpr and wihch are the brst baxes to find thses RC card?
What is this language??

For reals! J/k.

Um, well, it depends on if you want to go with pitchers, or hitters. And then you gotta' decide if you want to go with big name prospects, or look for under the radar guys. Personally, if I had a big chunk of money like that, I'd buy some of the Razor exclusive autos of some of the big college hitters, and maybe a Stephen Strasburg card or 2. But there are literally thousands of prospect cards you could buy.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Rudzud said:
or you could just save your tax rebate...

Actually, I'd put it in the stock market and wait 10 years or so. If you have the time and are interested in following companies, there are some ridiculous stock prices right now. Of course, some companies aren't worth jack, but there are many companies that are doing great and even expanding rapidly with nice dividends, but no one is buying them due to market fear. Just another option. If you do your homework, you could turn that $2k into $10k in a decade.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
$350
pujolscabrera.jpg

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
buy what your interested in. that my be prospects, a couple cases, alot of pujols autos, a bc auto rc of pujols, or maybe some memorabilia. its your money, buy what you will like. good luck man.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
buy what your interested in. that my be prospects, a couple cases, alot of pujols autos, a bc auto rc of pujols, or maybe some memorabilia. its your money, buy what you will like. good luck man.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
goep23 said:
What do you guys suggest? case or two of something, single card fpr the pc,,,,let me knwo what you would do if you had 1500 to 2000 dollars to spend on cards. Help me out here please!!!!

Thanks,
Chris Sessions

My guess is you shouldn't be spending the money on cards at all. If you were truly into collecting cards, you wouldn't have to ask this question. You would know what you collected and what you wanted to spend your money on.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
If interested I could make you an instant prospector for that kind of coin.

I'm thinking a diversified portfolio of 2008 prospects (stanton montero flores) mixed with some rookie autos
Of veterans poised for big years. (teixiera sabathia crawford) Some forgotten gems like 2002 chrome draft refs. (upton hamels peralta) 2004 2007 2008
Elite autos etc.

Whaddya say?

Members online