Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Black Friday. Post what you've bought and deals you've found!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Hey all,

Just wanted to start a COMC black friday thread so that people can all see what kind of sweet deals you all got :)

I have been looking at higher end chrome autos and HOF stuff but I still can't find anything worthwhile to buy or flip. It seems like the prices just arent there like they used to be and most sellers have already jacked all their prices up. Its pretty frustrating.

Added a few more cheap parallels and inserts of brett gardner but nothing to brag about lol.

Lets see what you have all been buying!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
didn't buy a thing. Not enough cards interest me to qualify for the promotional part of COMC Black Friday that I would want to use.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Just bought 61 Fred McGriff cards I don't have. Got a bunch of them pretty cheap. I only left 5 cents in my COMC account.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've picked up a couple if Olerud's but nothing earth shattering in terms if discounts. My watchlist is about four pages and I'd estimate about half of it is on sale but a lot are only 10-20% off of prices that I felt were too high to begin with.

So far COMC Black Friday has been disappointing. I don't buy or ship enough to get any of the bonuses they're offering.

- Rodrick

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
didn't buy a thing. Not enough cards interest me to qualify for the promotional part of COMC Black Friday that I would want to use.
Yeah. I bought a few Gardners but I didn't have a ton of credit and didn't think it would be worthwhile to add a bunch of credit.
I picked up 27 low serial #'d Edgars that were deeply discounted, most of which were under a buck. Couldn't be happier!
Very nice!
Just bought 61 Fred McGriff cards I don't have. Got a bunch of them pretty cheap. I only left 5 cents in my COMC account.
Nice! It seems the best deals are the PC cards for certain players. Mid to low end cards of not the stars are going pretty cheap
I've picked up a couple if Olerud's but nothing earth shattering in terms if discounts. My watchlist is about four pages and I'd estimate about half of it is on sale but a lot are only 10-20% off of prices that I felt were too high to begin with.

So far COMC Black Friday has been disappointing. I don't buy or ship enough to get any of the bonuses they're offering.

- Rodrick
Yeah. You need to buy or spend or ship a lot of cards in order to get any of their minuscule bonuses. I think that it was a pretty bad promotion this year.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
What I think COMC should have added for their Black Friday promotion that I would have been all over like sharks on chum: Any dealer that decides to price commons at 15 cents on Friday only will see COMC add only 5 cents to that price and shipping will be a flat $3.

I know that would be crazy for COMC in their financial books but it's Black Friday and it would be for just one day. Sellers would get credit in their account by moving cards at $.20 that they may never move at the ripoff $.67-$.75 per common, buyers could knock off many commons in their set building want lists, and COMC will get rid of a lot of commons taking up room in the warehouse that may never sell except to really desperate set builders or player collectors.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
What I think COMC should have added for their Black Friday promotion that I would have been all over like sharks on chum: Any dealer that decides to price commons at 15 cents on Friday only will see COMC add only 5 cents to that price and shipping will be a flat $3.

I know that would be crazy for COMC in their financial books but it's Black Friday and it would be for just one day. Sellers would get credit in their account by moving cards at $.20 that they may never move at the ripoff $.67-$.75 per common, buyers could knock off many commons in their set building want lists, and COMC will get rid of a lot of commons taking up room in the warehouse that may never sell except to really desperate set builders or player collectors.

yeah I agree. I always see cards for Gardner that are like .50-75 cents or so for commons but I figure I can probably pick up a big lot and get most of the commons out of the way. I've been trying to use the credit I have from selling to just buy parallels only.

It just seems like traffic is way down there. I'm running a 20 percent off sale and I've sold two cards for a combined total of 20 cents.......

And almost all my cards are lowest on the site and its not like they are crazy out there stuff. It just seems like COMC is starting to get worse and worse.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I bought $100 of credit and got the $5 bonus credit. I've bought $60 of Bonds cards I needed. Nothing really big as I would have picked up them up previously if they were rarer inserts. May wait til Monday to see if any other deals surface.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I ended up shopping carting 97 Randy Johnson cards for $204 total, all deeply discounted. Nothing earth shattering, but many #/50 under $3. Many were cards I had logged on my checklist as available at COMC but overpriced imo. Nice to see them on sale.

This BF purchase will put me about a dozen cards over 4,000 RANDY JOHNSONS! Brag post to come on mailday. 97 options for what card #4k should be, fun!

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I bought $100 of credit and got the $5 bonus credit. I've bought $60 of Bonds cards I needed. Nothing really big as I would have picked up them up previously if they were rarer inserts. May wait til Monday to see if any other deals surface.

I ended up shopping carting 97 Randy Johnson cards for $204 total, all deeply discounted. Nothing earth shattering, but many #/50 under $3. Many were cards I had logged on my checklist as available at COMC but overpriced imo. Nice to see them on sale.

This BF purchase will put me about a dozen cards over 4,000 RANDY JOHNSONS! Brag post to come on mailday. 97 options for what card #4k should be, fun!

It seems like this sale is working well for PC players which I think is more what this is geared to but not the flippers.

I'm just tired of high end cards being priced for thousands of dollars when they might sell for 700-1000 normally.

Another one of my pet peeves is the sellers who raise their prices right before a sale and then discount cards. If I ever see that I keep track of the seller and they will never have my business again.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It seems like this sale is working well for PC players which I think is more what this is geared to but not the flippers.

I'm just tired of high end cards being priced for thousands of dollars when they might sell for 700-1000 normally.

Another one of my pet peeves is the sellers who raise their prices right before a sale and then discount cards. If I ever see that I keep track of the seller and they will never have my business again.

How many of the $700-1000 cards were you planning on buying ?

Ryan

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
I have sold a decent amount of cards at 25 percent off. (As a note, I usually accept 20 percent off automatically as that is the Amazon deal) and have had a couple of offers at 50 percent of my original marked price, which is still an automatic decline. Nothing spectacular in sales but a decent enough start to a four day weekend.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I picked up about 50 cards today, with another 150 or so I'll be keeping me eye on for the rest of the weekend. Like others have said, the deals seemed best for low end stuff, adding a bunch of low end autos and numbered cards. But then again that's always been the bread and butter of the site, imo.

I think the reason you aren't seeing the same steep discounts on higher end stuff is that the guys selling low end stuff and the super, super high end are often totally different types of sellers. It seems like a lot of the guys with high end stuff are content to let it sit and sit until they get a price they like (even if that may be nowhere near "market value"). If the sellers were sincerely interested in moving the card at the going rate, they'd probably have sold the card through a different route.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I can buy as many as I feel are priced well. A gold auto that sells for 700 or so on ebay that is priced at 2000 or more? Give me a break.

Understand it can be a pain, I just don't think many sellers on there with high value cards are looking to sell at eBay prices, let alone below eBay. It's just a different market on there that is more low to mid end to get transactions done

Ryan

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Super annoyed actually, the only cards that I found are 20% off and won't accept offers. I was able to sell some items, hopefully that will continue over the weekend.

Last edited: