Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************* DECEMBER FIRST Morning Thread ********************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Shovel snow ???? IF we get snow EVERYTHING closes -- gone in two days is normal . We had sixteen inches one year and was gone the next day.
G/K's just waking up so I 'm going for refill of coffee

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
No snow here. But we sell a lot of cable chains to people that are going to places like Lake Tahoe for the holidays, just in case they require chains during the trip.

It sucks, cuz we test fit them before we sell them, and usually people come in the night before they have planned to leave. Then the chains dont clear their calipers or brake lines on their pretty little bmws with their oversized wheels that look so great until you actually need to drive in bad conditions...

But it happens a lot. The way they build cars nowadays with such tight clearances, even new kias dont leave much room for cables. But people dont pay attention to things like that, and assume everything will be able to fit and work the night before they leave. Plan ahead people!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
When I worked for NAPA we had a no return policy on chains . We had pallets full and would sell out in the 1980's - lots of trucks / bus sizes . As for FWD if you THINK you need chains STAY HOME . The mountains are fifty miles away with lots of ski resorts but roads are kept clear .

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
When i worked at Napa, we would return chains as long as they werent used. But where I work now, our policy is test fits are required. If not, then you must sign a waiver saying you bought them untested, and we arent liable if they dont fit and come off your car, or rip your brakes apart. And we will take them unused as a return, but you are charged a 50% restocking fee after 24 hours of purchase.

I dont think there is anything else we sell that has as much paperwork involved. I hate chains. I hate test fitting them. I hate the people that wait til the last damn minute to buy them. I hate that people think the chains will fit when the cars they buy dont have clearance for them. And i especially hate when they come in when its raining to buy them and test fit them. Lotta hate here...

crap ive been up for two hours. I gotta try and get some sleep.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
When i worked at Napa, we would return chains as long as they werent used. But where I work now, our policy is test fits are required. If not, then you must sign a waiver saying you bought them untested, and we arent liable if they dont fit and come off your car, or rip your brakes apart. And we will take them unused as a return, but you are charged a 50% restocking fee after 24 hours of purchase.

I dont think there is anything else we sell that has as much paperwork involved. I hate chains. I hate test fitting them. I hate the people that wait til the last damn minute to buy them. I hate that people think the chains will fit when the cars they buy dont have clearance for them. And i especially hate when they come in when its raining to buy them and test fit them. Lotta hate here...

crap ive been up for two hours. I gotta try and get some sleep.

Sounds like you need to eat a Snicker's, too!
We all have those things that drive us nuts.
I think we learned yours today.:lol:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
That is like the first car I drove - dad bought new - win lottery i'll have one rodded . Never tried to pack with students but ten fit easy on seats . Hauled *** in trunk for gas money , ran at eighty-five but stopping was a %%$% . Would shake at 100 mph but small hemi wanted more . Everybody knew my car even those wearing uniforms LOL

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
That is like the first car I drove - dad bought new - win lottery i'll have one rodded . Never tried to pack with students but ten fit easy on seats . Hauled *** in trunk for gas money , ran at eighty-five but stopping was a %%$% . Would shake at 100 mph but small hemi wanted more . Everybody knew my car even those wearing uniforms LOL

One BAD car then and now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts