Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Choice and Chris Bostick Traded to the Rangers For Craig Gentry and Josh Lindblom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wowsers. Hope Choice gets some significant playing time in Arlington. :eek:

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
According to @JeffPassan the A's have traded Michael Choice TX for Craig Gentry; Choice better bat &power potential. Gentry better FLD & Arm

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Another good acquisition for Texas. Bostick is a promising prospect.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Source: RHP Josh Lindblom going to the A's. Texas will get Class A 2B Chris Bostick.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've been proven wrong many times when question Beane, going all the way back to the Pena-Lilly deal, but man, I can't see this one working out at all.

And I really don't like the Johnson deal either. Not that I mind what they gave up, just don't believe in JJ and would definitely prefer to keep Balfour than have either Johnson or Kazmir...

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I've been proven wrong many times when question Beane, going all the way back to the Pena-Lilly deal, but man, I can't see this one working out at all.

And I really don't like the Johnson deal either. Not that I mind what they gave up, just don't believe in JJ and would definitely prefer to keep Balfour than have either Johnson or Kazmir...

I think I would have rather paid the extra $$$$ to sign bartolo at 2 year $15 million a year than kazmir at 2 years $11 million a year. Colon is proven and kazmir has been up & down. Hopefully it all works out.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
There have been several puzzling trades already.Surprised Kazmir gets $11M a year too.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I am wondering how choice fell out of favor in Oakland so quickly. Wonder if Beane sees the issue with his bat (here comes the haters!) he keeps his arms away from his body and is susceptible to inside pitches and change ups.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I am wondering how choice fell out of favor in Oakland so quickly. Wonder if Beane sees the issue with his bat (here comes the haters!) he keeps his arms away from his body and is susceptible to inside pitches and change ups.

with Beane it's less about falling out of favor and more about the upside of the people he brings in

As much as Balfour and Colon were staples of last years team, I really think Beane is making the right move. Both will cost more than they will produce next year if Colon even was going to play which was doubtful to begin with.

The Choice trade got me though and has me scratching my head a bit. Didn't see that coming, but hey I thought Colon was a terrible idea too so I've learned to stop judging and kick back and enjoy the ride :)

Members online

Latest posts