Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Future's Game Chromes...No Love?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
They're almost never the players first year card, but in the past, I have done pretty well selling some parallels of FG chromes (for example, Evan Longoria and Clayton Kershaw base refractors last year for $7+ each).

I've been trying to find some lower end stuff to move today, and I have a bunch of Cahill and Anderson FG parallels from 08 BDP. I went to eBay to check their prices, and they hardly sell for anything. I wasn't expecting them to be in the $5+ or anything, but I was thinkin at least maybe like $2-$3 per refractor of the #7 and #11 prospects in baseball. I might just end up listing both as lots anyway so I can put the money into other stuff (to get closer to my ultimate goal of focusing my prospecting efforts a little better). I do anticipate that they will be up in value later this year when these two guys are showing what they can do on the field again, but I was just surprised that they were so low right now.

Anyone have any thoughts on these? Or any experience selling FG stuff in the past?

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
I remember in 2002, the hottest chrome out the shoot was a future's game rc. It was selling for $15-$20 per single. Ah, the good ole days of Jason Stokes.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Derek2011 said:
I remember in 2002, the hottest chrome out the shoot was a future's game rc. It was selling for $15-$20 per single. Ah, the good ole days of Jason Stokes.

Jesus Montero is a good example of one of the better FG cards from 08 BDP since his auto in the set was a redemption. Angel Villalona isn't a bad one either since it is not his first card, but it is still a first year card (auto in 08 BC).

Even though they're not FY cards, it's not like Cahill or Anderson are scrubs... they're top 10 caliber prospects in all of baseball which is why I was surprised at how low this stuff is selling for.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Derek2011 said:

Never heard of him.

The trick to those is waiting till everybody knows about the player and its too
Late to afford their first cards.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
darocker80 said:
Does the FG hurt first year cards like Saunders, Guerra, Kevin Pucetas, Montero?

Nice triple post. That's gotta be lucky or somethin..

But I don't think it matters...first year is first year, regardless of whether or not it happens to be a FG card too.

Mudcats- I think you're right with that selling technique, guess I might be jumpin the gun a little bit since their other stuff is still not unaffordable for most people. I think I'm overestimating the effect of BA's top 100 on player familiarity and card value.

Members online

Latest posts