Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brewers trade Nori Aoki to the Royals for the Fresh Prince

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Will Smith, the middle reliever who is seemingly on his 7th team, goes back to Milwaukee. I, myself, do not understand how this deal makes sense, at all, for Milwaukee.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I see the Royals coming out ahead in this trade. Aoki seemed to be a fan favorite when I went to Milwaukee this past season

marterburn

As a Brewers fan, I don't get it. Melvin's forcing a lefty into the #5 starter competition again. I'd rather have Aoki as a OF4 if they're going to hand the job to Davis. Granted, that's not where Aoki's value is as a player and he probably would not have been happy with it, but certainly they could have done better in trade.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
The only way Melvin comes out ahead on this deal is Aoki is a free agent after this year, and Smith is under team control for more years. Aoki was the Brewers leadoff hitter and a good defensive of.. I agree with giving Khris Davis a chance to play, but last year we needed all the depth possible in the OF due to injuries and suspensions. To trade Aoki on a steal of a contract even with one year left is a joke to save money with the Brewers getting an additional $25 million dollar TV check from MLB this year is embarrasing. Heck, even the Marlins shelled out $20+ million for Salty.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Sadly, this is the level of MLB-ready talent that Aoki is worth. He was a decent LF'er, but no stud. He was great in the lead-off, but Segura, Gennett or even Hart (assuming) could do just as well. Now, Aoki may have been worth a organizational Top-7 (maybe) prospect, but Smith has a solid relief record and will play next year. Plus, Milwaukee is drowning in OF depth. Gomez and Braun are 100%, so you've got 1 spot for 4-ish guys. If you think Davis is where it's at, then you use Aoki to address a need.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sad to see him go but I understand it. Has been my current favorite the last couple years

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts