Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Beltran Signs a 3-Year, $45M Deal With the Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
They sure are going all out this year. :)

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Beltran going to #Yankees. Three-year deal, per @FeinsandNYDN.

Tim Brown ‏@TBrownYahoo
Beltran deal is $45 m over 3 yrs

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I thought for sure he was going to KC. They were reportedly all over him.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
No patience in waiting for the farm system to produce or not enough talent in the farm system? Puttin together a very talented OF though.
"Farm system? Never heard of it..." -Brian Cashman

Actually it's funny because they lose a pick signing Beltran so they lose 3 picks (McCann, Beltran, Ellsbury) and gain 2 back (Granderson, Cano).

Beltran is an interesting signing for them. They definitely did NOT need another OF, but I imagine they are still planning to sign some pitchers. Beltran is as good as it gets in the postseason, so for the Yanks sake I hope they make it within the next 3 years or else this signing is not their best.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
This is what happens when the farm doesn't produce.

Although I'm ok with this signing, letting Cano go and McCann.

I don't like the ellsbury signing though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Is this not the absolute craziest week of free agent signings...EVER? I've been glued to MLBTR all damn week, lol.

This is what happens when the farm doesn't produce.

Although I'm ok with this signing, letting Cano go and McCann.

I don't like the ellsbury signing though.
Is it the farm system not producing or the Yankee's scouting department needing an overhaul?

I think you will warm up to the Ellsbury signing when you watch him over a full season.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Ellsbury, McCann, Beltran, Kuroda...and I'd be surprised if they were done. Another SP and someone in the bullpen maybe?

Sure are putting together the talent to get back to October in a hurry.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Assuming Gardner will be dangled in a trade for an SP or IF...like this signing though. Great bat to put in the middle of this lineup and Beltran has always wanted to play for the Yankees.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Assuming Gardner will be dangled in a trade for an SP or IF...like this signing though. Great bat to put in the middle of this lineup and Beltran has always wanted to play for the Yankees.

Yeah. I think that its whats gonna happen. Either trade Gardner or try and convince Soriano to play full time DH. I think this was an counter move to Cano leaving. I bet they wouldn't have gone for Beltran without Cano leaving. I think that they are gonna like Kelly Johnson man 2nd which is fine with me in the 9 spot.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Gardner will probably be traded since I dont see them being able to unload Soriano

Sori is only owed 5m from the Yankees this season, the Cubs cover the rest.

With that said I see no reason for them wanting to trade Soriano. He thrived in his return to NY.

Gardner carries much more value on the market anyway with his speed, leadoff ability, elite defense, affordable, etc.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Ellsbury, McCann, Beltran, Kuroda...and I'd be surprised if they were done. Another SP and someone in the bullpen maybe?

Sure are putting together the talent to get back to October in a hurry.

The first 3 are injury risks.

Members online

Latest posts