Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More opinions from you player collectors PSA Grades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Let me start by saying I am just collecting your opinions. I do in fact make my own decisions and I do collect my own way to make this enjoyable. It's just different feedback from people who are just as wacked as I am with this hobby gives me new insight and ideas. Here are my questions:

I have (2) 1990 Donruss aqueous test O'neill cards in my PC. What's your opinion as to getting them graded. With all the authenticity questions of these cards is it worth doing? Also if it is an authentic lower grade is that better than having a raw card being in question?

Next, I just received my first copy of a 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold and it looks like a nice copy. Would you grade this card for your PC. I am just worried of a solid card like this coming back with a low grade. On the other hand it can be a solid addition to the collection with a high grade.

Last, PSA is my first choice in grading in the past. Do you think they would grade those questionable "1990" 2010 UD buyback cards previously posted this week. I have a copy of O'neill for my PC. Anyone know if any of these have been graded?

Again... Just looking for feedback. I been married for 19 years and my wife still doesn't have all the answers with this hobby, lol.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Personally, I wouldnt grade unless you are looking to get most of your PC graded. If I had that mirror gold, it would just be sitting in my binder next to the non mirrored ones. Grading just means it has to sit in the box in my cabinet instead of my binders.

Now we all collect differently, and the only Graded cards I am shooting for are gm mt rookies of Bagwell. So, do what makes you happy.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I tend to grade rare and high dollar PC items. I would grade any card with the possibility of being faked.

I own a complete 1996 Select Certified Master set and have own tons of extra mirror golds. These mirrors tend to damage easily. Protect to corners and grade this card.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'd get the Aqueous slabbed Authentic personally. The Mirror Gold I may submit under a minimum grade 9 or better, other wise a nice one-touch and sleeve looks just as nice as anything. Can't answer about the 1990 "buybacks"

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'd get the Aqueous graded. It's one of those types of cards for which the actual grade is secondary to the authentication.

Regarding the UD buyback, isn't there a process by which you can have a set investigated and added to PSA's list of what cards they grade? I have the Olerud buyback so I'd be curious about having it authenticated and slabbed.

- Rodrick

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I would defintely psa the mirror gold unless you plan on buying a graded one. I would grade the aqeous to. The 2010 buy backs i have no clue. Im a 90's guy.

I tend to grade rare and high dollar PC items. I would grade any card with the possibility of being faked.

I own a complete 1996 Select Certified Master set and have own tons of extra mirror golds. These mirrors tend to damage easily. Protect to corners and grade this card.

Hmm...Any chance of an extra Biggio in there? [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION]

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I am anti-grading, although everyone makes valid points above. I personally hate my graded cards, no, wait, I hate the fact that they're graded, and I don't want to risk cracking them out. I love the cards. I don't hate them enough to trade them away, as I get offers to trade a graded for a raw, but if someone REALLY needed a graded copy, or if it worked out in my favor, then I would, I guess. I personally would never grade a card just to have it authenticated. If I didn't trust it in the first place, I wouldn't have bought it. IP autographed cards, now that is a different story...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I had never ever graded a card and then I acquired the golds and had to roll the dice...

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I've got four Aqueous cards. I should have gotten at least one of the graded long ago. I need to just go ahead and do it, and most likely will when the next group sub starts. Need to get one of my '92 DK Supers graded, too.

Members online

Latest posts