Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trumbo to AZ,Adam Eaton CWS, Skaggs Santiago to LAA Done Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Deal can't happen until skaggs and Eaton are finished signing their 3,148,758 autos for topps.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Steve Gilbert ‏@SteveGilbertMLB
According to an MLB source, the #Dbacks would also receive a pair of good prospects in Trumbo deal.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo
Proposed deal would include Trumbo + 2 prospects to #DBacks, Skaggs + Santiago to #Angels, Kendrick + Eaton to #WhiteSox. Not done.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Proposed deal would include Trumbo + 2 prospects to #DBacks, Skaggs + Santiago to #Angels, Kendrick + Eaton to #WhiteSox. Not done.

Now he's reporting Kendrick would not be included.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Deal between #Angels #DBacks and #WhiteSox done. Skaggs and Santiago to LA, Trumbo and 2 PTBNL to AZ, Eaton to #WhiteSox per @nickpiecoro

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jack Magruder ‏@JackMagruder
#Dbacks obtain prospect RHP A.J. Schugel, 6-8, 2.89 at Class AA Arkansas from Angels in 3-way deal, according to source

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
<-------This angels fan is happy. I hate to see trumbo go, but cron may be better overall and should be ready soon. We needed pitching, this helped.
Scioscia will still mess it up.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Great return for the Angels. MLB ready pitchers, under control and cheap. They win.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I like the deal for CWS. Santiago was a Don Cooper spit-shine job. Turning him into an every day CF was a nice deal. Eaton won't have to do much to out perform De Aza.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brandon Jacobs is the other prospect headed to AZ in the trade.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I like the deal for CWS. Santiago was a Don Cooper spit-shine job. Turning him into an every day CF was a nice deal. Eaton won't have to do much to out perform De Aza.

For sure. This is a great deal for the Sox. Wonder who will get delt between De Aza and Viciedo. I am hoping De Aza because of my high hopes for tank.

Per mlbtraderumors:
With Eaton displacingXAlejandro De AzaXup the middle, Hahn acknowledged that De Aza or fellow corner outfielderXDayan Viciedocould be dealt. Saying he expects to continue toX"receive calls on both of those players,"XHahn did note that the two could form a platoon if demand is insufficient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not a fan of it as a DBax guy, felt we coulda gotten at least a lil higher prospects in return... Here's hoping MTs on base is higher than .300 this year

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I really like the deal for all parties involved, but I'd say the D-Backs will benefit the most from it.

Why does Trumbo illicit such criticism? Yeah, he'll be Pence-level bad to watch in the OF and his BA is too low, but man, I think people really under-rate him.

Unless Eaton turns into a perrenial AS, I don't see the downside for AZ. They still have too many OFs, but that's more from the bad Ross signing and KT should still be MUCH more criticized for giving away Upton...

Members online

Latest posts