Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"What" exactly is Marcus stroman?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Guy seems like a great buy right now for the numbers he has produced.

But what role on the mound will he serve?

He's been extremely good at both starting and relieving but scouts say he is too small.

And I believe there's an opening or two in the rotation next year so what have you heard about him?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
I thought about investing in him earlier this year. Read a lot of scouts saying he'd be a bullpen guy. Too small making his fastball flat and very homer prone. When I looked at his numbers they were great but he had given up A LOT of homers.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/2013...roman-mixes-a-power-arm-with-a-deadly-arsenal

According to this recent article he's "a power arm with a deadly arsenal". I've heard his name tossed around in every role from starter to closer. I think of him as a starter. One thing that I hear a lot is that he and Aaron Sanchez are the only two pitching propects that Alex Anthopoulos wasn't willing to trade at the Winter Meetings.

- Rodrick

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think Stroman is going to be pushed and stretched as a starter unless he completely bombs - he might have too good stuff just to be a bullpen guy - even if he is rather small.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The Jays have every intention of breaking him in a starter. I'm guessing he gets a long look in spring training. If he doesn't make the rotation then he will be in Buffalo. There's no point in him working in the bullpen for now. He is top tier talent, something the Jays are lacking. I'm not concerned about the HR's given up especially if his ERA is low.
BTW- the Stroman+Sanchez+prospect for Samardzija rumor is ridonkulous

Members online