Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Remember kids, steroids will make you rich!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Bartolo Colon

2009 - $1,000,000
2010 - Didn't play
2011 - $900,000
2012 - $2,000,000 (50 game suspension, $617,284 lost)
2013 - $2,000,000
2014 - $10,000,000
2015 - $10,000,000

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
You got it right. This is particularly true of somebody, like Colon, at the back end of their career and coming back from a major injury. It is unquestionably worth it (from a purely financial point of view) to take whatever you can to get back onto the field.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Will it still be the right decision for the person in 19, 29 or 30 years? Money but shoddy health is not worth the trade.
DANNY

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Will it still be the right decision for the person in 19, 29 or 30 years? Money but shoddy health is not worth the trade.
DANNY

Exactly. Time and health are the two things most people take for granted and only start to appreciate them when they begin losing them.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
When the angels let him go, he could barely hit 90, was high 80's. Some how got it all back, with time off.;-)

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
people take baseball way to fn serious.

relax and enjoy it

Agree. Watching 500 feet homeruns off the bat of Bonds', Sosa, McGwire and seeing 60+ homers in a season multiple times in the span of a couple years was one of the most entertaining times of baseball. I'm not saying I agree with steroids but they sure do make it an entertaining game.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
The guy was busted for testosterone. Thousands of men are using testosterone replacement therapy at physiological levels to live better lives. Anti-aging clinics are becoming ever popular. Most of these guys aren't abusing large amounts and are supervised by the best doctors in the country. It's certainly worth the risk.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
The guy was busted for testosterone. Thousands of men are using testosterone replacement therapy at physiological levels to live better lives. Anti-aging clinics are becoming ever popular. Most of these guys aren't abusing large amounts and are supervised by the best doctors in the country. It's certainly worth the risk.
Really? Did you see Colon? He was DONE. Absolutely awful. He came back and pitched real well for the Yanks and shocked everyone. And is continuing to pitch at a very very high level for the past few years with the A's. I think its pretty obvious that he broke the rules and was on the roids.

Anyone else notice the PC player of weight333? (Just think its a bit ironic).

I think there are many many players that got caught for using that were using it for health or injury concerns and not to just get paid but Colon was not one of them.
He got 7-8 mph on his fastball. That isn't going on at clinics.
Yeah. He improved so dramatically and came from nowhere. You don't go from being done with baseball to coming back and pitching an an all star level without roids normally.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Really? Did you see Colon? He was DONE. Absolutely awful. He came back and pitched real well for the Yanks and shocked everyone. And is continuing to pitch at a very very high level for the past few years with the A's. I think its pretty obvious that he broke the rules and was on the roids.

Anyone else notice the PC player of weight333? (Just think its a bit ironic).

I think there are many many players that got caught for using that were using it for health or injury concerns and not to just get paid but Colon was not one of them.

Yeah. He improved so dramatically and came from nowhere. You don't go from being done with baseball to coming back and pitching an an all star level without roids normally.

Then Chris Davis is on steriods...

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Then Chris Davis is on steriods...

He very well could be. Chris Davis is young (compared to Colon) and always had this power but never found it in texas. He had an unbelievable year but put up these numbers in the minors and everyone knew he could hit he just didn't in Texas.

Colon pitched very well for numerous years but got up in age and faltered and was considered done. He then came back, gained 7-10 miles on his fastball and became semi-"dominant" again after being out of baseball and has kept it up for three or so years.

I think its very hard to argue that Colon didn't use Roids. However, he plays in Oakland, isn't at a cy young level, and doesn't run his mouth to the media all the time. All things that keep in under the radar for National Attention/Media. He's a smart guy and is getting a hefty payday for it but IMO its clear he used some sort of Performance Enhancers.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I watched him pitch his last game as an angel. Never knew who the man next to me was, but he was a scout, worked for the team, or something. He watched and we talked about colon a little. At the end, he said, well colon is done, that's his last game as an angel and got up and walked away. He was let go, soon after. He looked horrible. Wasn't hurt and was throwing 88ish. He didnt take stuff to get healthy. He is 41? 42? No doubt, he took to cheat. And it paid off, as maxe0213 pointed out

The comparison with Davis doesnt really work. Sure, davis may be using, many are, but to compare a young player turning it around to a 39 year old gaining 6-8 mph on his fastball, doesn't quite fly.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
50 game suspensions aren't enough of a deterrent so when the next cba or negotiation period opens up definitely expect the players to push for more severe penalties.

Members online

Latest posts