Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Apparently Leaf is building a deathstar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Leaf Trading Cards Aquires Assests of Famous Fabrics

Leaf Trading Cards LLC and Famous Fabrics Inc. today announce the completion an agreement wherein Leaf has acquired the assets of Famous Fabrics.
Leaf will complete the projects already commenced by Famous Fabrics and then will assimilate future Famous Fabrics projects into Leaf’s “non-sport” releases.
“Collectors have spoken over the last three years and we hope that the NHLPA and NHL listen and allow In The Game a trading card license. We have applied for a license and based on the quality of products that we have introduced into the market in recent memory, I hope our licensing efforts are successful. Making this strategic move will allow our group to focus on our core business, hockey cards” said In The Game and Famous Fabrics owner Dr. Brian H. Price.
“I would like to thank all of the Famous Fabrics collectors, dealers and distributors who made this brand so successful over the past four years” Price added.
“I am very comfortable taking the groundwork laid by Famous
Fabrics and further developing those brands into even greater value
propositions for its collectors, said Brian Gray, President of Leaf, “I have every confidence we can continue the creativity and innovation in a way that continues to push the limits of what has been traditionally been provided in the marketplace.”

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If you're using sci-fi analogies, it would be more appropriate to say BG has assimilated Famous Fabrics into his collective.

Resistance is futile.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Leaf Acquires the Assets of Famous Fabrics Future Famous Fabrics releases will fall under Leaf’s ‘Non-Sport’ product line
Carrollton, TX (Dec. 18, 2013) – Leaf Trading Cards is pleased to announce today the completion of an agreement wherein Leaf has acquired the assets of the Famous Fabrics line from In the Game. Leaf has agreed to complete any projects already underway by Famous Fabrics and will then assimilate future Famous Fabrics undertakings into Leaf’s assorted “non-sport” line of products.

“I am very comfortable taking the groundwork laid by Famous Fabrics and further developing those brands into even greater value propositions for its collectors,” said Leaf President Brian Gray. “I have every confidence we can continue the creativity and innovation in a way that continues to push the limits of what has traditionally been provided in the marketplace.”

Dr. Brian H. Price, owner of In the Game and Famous Fabrics, added: “Collectors have spoken over the last three years and we hope that the NHLPA and NHL listen and allow In the Game a trading card license. We have applied for a license and based on the quality of products that we have introduced into the market in recent memory, I hope our licensing efforts are successful. Making this strategic move will allow our group to focus on our core business, which is hockey cards.”

Leaf’s control of the Famous Fabrics line is effective immediately.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So what are the assets of Famous Fabrics? Is it game-used sports jerseys and celebrity worn clothing? If these assets are to be used in non-sports issues only, this doesn't do much for sports card collectors. Unless they get a future license, which is what he is hinting with hockey.

Much ado about nothing as far as me, the baseball card collector.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Patiently waiting........

death-star-explosion-o.gif

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I am excited to take over the brands and products Famous Fabrics started and am very confident I can add substantial value to these releases and continue pushing the hobby envelope... BG

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
BG,

If this means you could help me with the Gen. Humphreys card listed in my Sig, I'd appreciate it...

And Congrats on the nice Purchase!

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ill be on cCardboard Connection Radio tonight at 9:10 CST to discuss this and Trinity Baseball!

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Brands and concepts very solid.. Execution is where I can bring huge value..
Clearly there is more than meets the eye involved... BG

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
So what are the assets of Famous Fabrics? Is it game-used sports jerseys and celebrity worn clothing? If these assets are to be used in non-sports issues only, this doesn't do much for sports card collectors. Unless they get a future license, which is what he is hinting with hockey.

Much ado about nothing as far as me, the baseball card collector.

...two different Brian's who own card companies in that article...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
A NHL License would be great!

Actually, and BG can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Dr. Price, also the owner of In the Game, was offered a one-season License for the NHL last year and turned it down due to the terms involved.

And for those of you who don't follow it, ITG makes great Hockey stuff, especially their high-end stuff...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
"We got deathstar, we got deathstar"! Makes me want to go listen to the star wars gangster rap video on youtube.

Members online

Latest posts