Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Doumit to the Braves For Sean Gilmartin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just reported by Ken Rosenthal.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
There goes a bunch of at bats for Gattis as I imagine Doumit will start against righties. Until Gattis proves he can hit them.

Gilmartin + American League = Disaster.

Good move for the Braves.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Good move for the Twins to dump Doumit's 3.5 mill on the Braves. A very subpar catcher who had concussion issues last year. Gilmartin still has potential to be a solid LOOGY guy if nothing else.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
LOOGY guys are a dime a dozen. Catchers who can hit 15-20 bombs are not. Doumt might not pan out but I'd trade a LOOGY for that potential all day long at only $3.5 M a year which is peanuts these days.

And Gilmartin can't even be a good LOOGY guy unless he magically finds a breaking ball. I had the misfortune of watching him at Gwinnett a half dozen times last year and he was brutal.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Being a huge Doumit collector and fan, I approve this trade.

Granted he had an off year, but he has shown that for the money he can be an effective hitter (esp. Against righties). He can also play three positions and does pretty well pinch hitting.

I look forward to seeing him play in Atlanta.

Members online