Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTM - 2012 W.S.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julz24

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
I haven't sent away for TTM autographs since the 1980's. I was hoping for some advice on the best current practices for a high success rate.

The 2012 World Series meeting between Detroit and San Francisco was a first. Having always been hardcore baseball fans, it was especially meaningful to my family because of our roots. My entire side of the family are from Michigan. Many of us, including myself, were born in and around Detroit. My wife's side of the family are all from San Francisco. I was lucky enough to be living in San Francisco at the time of the Series and I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Game 1 with my kids and my parents. My Dad got to meet his boyhood hero, Al Kaline, in person. I shagged flyballs in the left field bleachers with my children. It was an amazing game (for San Francisco fans), and an awesome experience for everyone. My goal is to get autographs of the 2012 World Series teams, - Players, Coaches, Managers, Front Office...

Obviously some of the players have probably changed teams by now so I'll have to do some research to find out where everyone is. Once I can locate the players to a specific team, should I mail requests to their Spring Training Facility in January/February??

And for backup should I also mail a different request to their Home Stadium??

Also, I have a set of Giants from 2013 Topps with around 25 players that I was thinking of mailing out. Are there any other sets out there with more players from a specific team including Managers and Coaches??

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Try the St sites in early February. If you haven't heard back by the first couple of weeks of the regular season, you could then send to the home stadium.
DANNY

Julz24

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
Sounds good, that's what I will do. I've been gathering up cards over the last week. A lot of the players have no 2013 cards, and a couple guys haven't had a card produced in several years. Also, not sure what I should send for the coaches...

How does everyone send their cards?
Pennysaver, pennysaver with toploader, or cardsaver?

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
For most people I send in a penny sleeve and write "do not bend" on both envelopes. Though, for better players I sometimes use top loaders. Also, Brandon Inge is usually an automatic return. I'm pretty sure he played in that WS.

Julz24

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
Thanks for the tip about the Tigers players. I'm a little surprised how steep some of the donation requirements are...
. As far as Inge: He was gone by the '12 World Series.

I really want to send in an 8x10 team photo for the VP/GMs to sign, but its probably risky with the high cost of the photo/postage. I don't know.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Sounds good, that's what I will do. I've been gathering up cards over the last week. A lot of the players have no 2013 cards, and a couple guys haven't had a card produced in several years. Also, not sure what I should send for the coaches...

How does everyone send their cards?
Pennysaver, pennysaver with toploader, or cardsaver?

None of the above. Faster for players to sign if they don't have to deal with them. I've read stories were player signed the toploader.

Members online