Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's a Christmas miracle TTM style (hatrick content)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Very exciting TTM return today. One that I had written well off for a loss and one that I had looked forward to more than any other.

My topps chicle project is my main current focus and also a release that I opened a ton of. I was originally planning to build the master set. I pulled this relic card of whitey ford and for some reason I mailed it TTM and received it back in shirt order. This was 2010.

uzerazu4.jpg

My current project ( http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128564) has led me doing the base set of the retired guys depicted in the release. Thankfully I was able to get duke snider on his sp and ssp before he passed.

aresu7av.jpg

Well in my ripping in the summer of 2010 I pulled the printing plate. I always wanted it signed but am always afraid to mail a printing plate TTM. They could get bent in transit, stolen, refused to be signed as the players don't know what they are or what to make of it.

So I've been waiting for a ford signing to come along and alas one has not. He's very old now so in September I took the chance. I mailed the plate to whitey ford and a check for $40.

Side not here, whitey is a very reliable signer. Very fast turnaround. I honestly thought it would be back the next week but nothing. Two weeks three weeks a month. There were successes from both his Florida and New York addresses. My plate was MIA. Three months later it finally came in all it's glory (slight warp)

utuzyraz.jpg

I have no idea why it took this long, especially with so many other successes. Such is TTM.

The hatrick of whitey fords has been completed

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts