Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

San Diego Padres Bobble Value Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I saw one of these yesterday and decided to grab it. From what I can gather, it was an SGA in 2001. It was the first bobblehead given away at Padres games, and was only given to kids.

It's the 4th SGA I've found and purchased between my 2 thrift stores, and probably the best.

While I think it's cool, I would like to sell it to help fund some purchases. However, I have no clue what to ask for it, and eBay hasn't helped. Any ideas?

IMG_2718-225x300.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I can only offer an opinion. Since it doesn't feature a specific player and doesn't appear to be that old, it probably doesn't have a wide collector base and thus not a great resale value either. However, my bobble knowledge extends only to those couple of Garvey bobbles I have purchased and one my dad gave me from the 60s (black Sonic player). I also have an Everett Aquasox giveaway bobble that I only have because I lack the ability to get rid of anything sports related, especially if it was free.

I personally don't even care for them at all. They are pretty ugly for a collectible and not quite a toy, so they fall somewhere in the middle of collectible and toy. hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond. Good Luck.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Did not even know there is student only Paypal.Learn something new every day I come here.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
That's a great bobble head. I bought mine for $35. They're pretty rare and I personally love anything Friar related.

Not sure you'll have much luck selling it here but on eBay it should fetch somewhere between $35-50. I think I even remember seeing some sales closer to $60 in the past.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
That's a great bobble head. I bought mine for $35. They're pretty rare and I personally love anything Friar related.

Not sure you'll have much luck selling it here but on eBay it should fetch somewhere between $35-50. I think I even remember seeing some sales closer to $60 in the past.

That's good to hear!

I only paid a buck for it, which is awesome.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
How does Paypal verify you are a student though?

There are a lot of things about it that I don't really know. I should read up on it to make sure I can still have it.

Originally, I got it when I was 15 or 16. As a college student, it's a great resource to have, but it won't allow me to sell on eBay. I need a regular account to do so.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts