Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Sterling or Bowman Inception - Which Has More Legs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Which product's autographs will maintain their value more in the years to come, in your opinion - Sterling or Inception?

For me, I'm going with Inception. The eye appeal is the deciding factor.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I always thought the late 90s Bowman's Best had much stronger eye appeal than Bowman Chrome. I never got why someone would want a card almost identical to the base Bowman and was not as interesting or any nicer than the Bowman's Best. Bowman's Best was named that for a reason, but buyers preferred Chrome.

As long as Chrome is around, I don't have much opinion on the other products. I do like that Inception is not the same plastic/foil/paper stock that all the manufactures use on seemingly everything they make. But if anyone other than Topps tried it, it would be considered crap. I also miss when Chrome stock was really thin and I think the thickness of Inception may have a negative effect on the product. I didn't like how Sterling got thicker last year too though I haven't seen this year's product.

If I had to make a choice, it would be Sterling over Inception. Sterling was the first prospect high end product. I had the 2005 base set and the cards were beautiful. They're still nice cards but do feel inferior to Chrome, which I did not feel was the case in years past [not counting sticker autos]. Inception is new so it'll take time to establish itself. As someone who does not break wax, I was surprised to discover that Inception is a high end product.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Although I like the look of Inception better than Sterling, people are going to buy what they're told by marketing. Sterling is presented as a more Premium product by it's advertising and price point and I don't see Inception beating it out. I doubt that Inception will even be around in ten years.

Members online

Latest posts