Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you send a card before being paid for it...

Would you mail a card before you were paid for it?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Commonly when new members to fourms make a trade they are asked to send their end first. However if you were a new member and you sold a card, would still go by the "new members send first rule" and send the card before the other member paid you for it?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
no. Trades are different than sales. Say someone opens up a new store, would you require them to give you the merchandise before you paid for it? No.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I was asked to do this on another site and I refused to do it, so the guy refused to buy my card.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Reds in 2009 said:
I was asked to do this on another site and I refused to do it, so the guy refused to buy my card.

He was trying to rip you off, plain and simple. You did the right thing by refusing to send first

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Even if with 60+ perfect feedback, I had an MSF tag on SCF because supposedly they frowned upon me refusing to send first on a sale. Apparently a mod complained to the "higher mods" and I got banned from there b/c of it... I was confused, especially with the perfect feedback.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The difference being is that you are protected by paypal. If the seller does not send then you are protected. In a trade you are just sorry out of luck.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
voted yes because i have done it several times on sportscardforum and have never had any trouble, obviously you have to be smart and only do it with people you know will be honest such as members with 100 plust transaction feedback

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Only times I'd send before getting paid is if I'm dealing with people I completely trust and those I know are good for it (like dave, fugazzi, etc.).

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Only times I'd send before getting paid is if I'm dealing with people I completely trust and those I know are good for it (like dave, fugazzi, etc.).

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Nikobaseball said:

add miggy to the list? am i in the etc part?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
Nikobaseball said:

add miggy to the list? am i in the etc part?

Im just not going to respond to you.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I would have no problem doing it if the other trader had good feedback.

Yes, we know what the standard protocol is: in a trade, both parties usually send at the same time; in a sale, the seller waits until the money arrives before sending.

But, if the other trader is trustworthy and you are new, why wouldn't you be willing to send first? Someone mentioned that there is more protection on a sale vs. a trade and that's true IF you pay by paypal and IF you pay via credit card. But, I certainly would not be comfortable if I were an established trader sending money to a seller with no feedback (unless the seller can prove he has good feedback elsewhere).

Members online