Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Donruss Preferred Tin Boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's funny but Beckett claims there are 1,200 of each player for the regular and 299 Gold's for each player BUT I've never seen Albert Belle... have you seen your guy? Is someone out there hoarding these things? Are they all in a garbage dump or recycling bin? Just wish I could locate a Belle and with 1,200 of these things, just curious if anyone has their guy, other guys, has any additional info, etc.?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Are you talking about the individual tins (packs) or the larger tins (boxes the packs came in)?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I remember wanting Thomas (and Belle) at the time they were new. I know I don't have any of the large tins though, so I either didn't try hard enough or they just weren't available. I'm guessing any gold ones were a premium item though, like the packs were. I managed to grab some favorite tins and have resisted to this day opening them, although it's tough!!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I remember wanting Thomas (and Belle) at the time they were new. I know I don't have any of the large tins though, so I either didn't try hard enough or they just weren't available. I'm guessing any gold ones were a premium item though, like the packs were. I managed to grab some favorite tins and have resisted to this day opening them, although it's tough!!

What's interesting is I have the Gold Tin Box (179/299) but have never seen the Blue (base) Tin Box for Belle. I have multiple of the Tin Packs, both base and Gold.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not a single one listed on eBay for baseball... 11 for hockey? Just weird... I have a feeling all of these are in a landfill somewhere.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
The shop I worked at during the time went through many cases of this one. We seemed to keep getting the same few players all the time. So someone probably has 5 Belle's to store their 1990 Topps commons or something.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The shop I worked at during the time went through many cases of this one. We seemed to keep getting the same few players all the time. So someone probably has 5 Belle's to store their 1990 Topps commons or something.

Ugh

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Do you know if he was even on the larger size? I assume you do and think I remember you mentioning a parallel box. Maybe they only had 2-3 different players in the box size though? I don't remember and I don't think that product was all that popular to begin with. Definitely not green if you had no interest in the tins and only the cards inside.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Do you know if he was even on the larger size? I assume you do and think I remember you mentioning a parallel box. Maybe they only had 2-3 different players in the box size though? I don't remember and I don't think that product was all that popular to begin with. Definitely not green if you had no interest in the tins and only the cards inside.

Belle has two of the Tin Boxes (Blue and Gold) and three of the Tin Packs (Blue, Gold and Fanfest which is Green?)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I was very lucky and got both 98's a month ago. From the same seller. I got the 97's years ago. Hang in there, they will show up some day.

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I am not actively looking but I do not see any of them too often. I got mine in '98 and its been in my desk. I just took it out for this pic and noticed I had some '92 and '93 Topps micro mini random Yankees in there, cool.
image-81.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Funny you mention this, as i was at the lcs again today. Found three tins sitting under a table. A regular bonds, a regular jeter, and a gold mo vaughn. If i ever see a belle, i know who im calling.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I had planned to share these when the thread was new, but the scan got lost in never never land and finally just arrived in my email box this morning. These are the packs I have resisted opening for going on 17 years now from an era when I had numerous player collections to juggle. Wonder what goodies are hiding inside? I may never know.

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
I have a few tins if anyone needs them. From 98 I have Piazza, Griffey, Ripken, Aroid, Thomas, and a silver Gwynn. 97 I have 2 Griffey, 3 Piazza, Arod, Thomas, and Ripken. They're all opened, in good shape, and free to they're player collectors. The silver Gwynn is #35 /999. I put it in a team bag when I opened it so it was in good shape for whoever ended up with it. Happy new year everyone!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I had planned to share these when the thread was new, but the scan got lost in never never land and finally just arrived in my email box this morning. These are the packs I have resisted opening for going on 17 years now from an era when I had numerous player collections to juggle. Wonder what goodies are hiding inside? I may never know.

Wow, that's pretty good not to open them for this long, your better than me.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I know I have several variations of the Kerry Collins ones. Nothing sealed though.

Members online

Latest posts